Author Topic: LSP exported to LOR S2 with 2 DMX and 2 Pixelnet networks.  (Read 1018 times)

Offline MrChristmas2000

My hardware configuration is as follows:
Com 5 - DMX Network 1 - 256 channels
Com 4 - DMX Network 2 - 376 channels
Com 7 - Pixelnet 1 - 3646 channels
Com 8 - Pixelnet 2 - 279 channels

One quick question will Xlights support the above configuration?

When I export my LSP sequence to LOR2 format it exports in the same order as the list of controllers. My controllers are not all listed in sequential order.

When  I open that exported sequence up in LOR and look at the circuit numbers some of them correspond the the correct DMX channel number and some do not.

How do make sure the channel numbers are matched up correctly?

Thanks,

Tom

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
I need more explanation and I may be able to help you out.

From what I have seen the exports from LSP should have the circuit number correct for each channel but LSP does not mark the network value in the channel definition.

The only way for you to be sure that the channels map as you expect is to manually inspect them in the exported LMS file. Either in text editor or in LOR itself.

one possible way to simplify that would be to reorder your controllers so that the circuit numbers are in sequential order in the exported file.

The script I posted here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Can help with getting the network entries added but not verifying your channel mappings.

I have another script that attempts to strip out the channel info into a CSV file that you can view in excel but since the channel names that LSP exports can be meaningless I am not sure it would be much help...

I have attached the csv conversion script.  IT will process every .lms file in the directory in which it is executed.  See the thread linked above on prerequisites for using the script.

Frank

Offline MrChristmas2000

What further explanation do I need to give you?

I am in the process of getting python downloaded and installed and will try your scrip. I think it may answer some of my questions.

Ok I installed python.

Ran you script. The files were created but nothing in them. Did I do something wrong? I am running Win 7 Pro.

Tom
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, by MrChristmas2000 »

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
which script? if you want to post a zipped version of your LOR exported file I can take a look at it and see if I can make sense of it.

Frank

Offline MrChristmas2000

Got the conversion script working.

David Moore was great at helping me understand the conversion process.

I did have to do some manual editing of the output but afterwards it worked great.

Thanks for your help in providing the scripts to accomplish the network updating.

I am going to put it to the acid test on my largest sequence tomorrow.

Tom

Offline MrChristmas2000

The code in the file 'csvexport.py' says in the header that it is '# Name:        setnet'

When I run it i get a couple of excel files that are empty.

I donwloaded if from you csvexport.zip link.

Thanks,

Tom