Author Topic: Aether II More Questions  (Read 1595 times)

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
Aether II More Questions
« on: December 02, 2011, »
I have a couple more questions about the Aether II. I hope someone can help. I know that this information must be around somewhere, but I can't find it.
1. I thought that I saw somewhere that the Aether II would be able to have a wireless capability. If so how does this work and what do I need to do it?
2. Can you power the Aether II with either 12 VAC or 12VDC, or is it 12VAC only?
3. What channels can I assign to the Aether II? Is this "DMX" only (limited to channels 1-512) or does it use PixelNet also? Can I assign channel - say 1580 - to red?
Jim Wright

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Aether II More Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have a couple more questions about the Aether II. I hope someone can help. I know that this information must be around somewhere, but I can't find it.
1. I thought that I saw somewhere that the Aether II would be able to have a wireless capability. If so how does this work and what do I need to do it?
2. Can you power the Aether II with either 12 VAC or 12VDC, or is it 12VAC only?
3. What channels can I assign to the Aether II? Is this "DMX" only (limited to channels 1-512) or does it use PixelNet also? Can I assign channel - say 1580 - to red?
Wireless support for Aether II exists at the same level as other DMX devices.  You can run TX-mode from the dongle, and have an RX-mode at a receiving end.  The Aether II (and any other device you want) can be connected at the RX side.

12VAC only.

You can assign any address so that the 4 (RGBW) are within the 1-512 range.  (of course you can have multiple dongles and multiple 1-512 channel ranges that coexist...)

You could have red assigned to 280... but G would come along for the ride as 281, blue as 282, and white as 283.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
Re: Aether II More Questions
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, »
Thanks. That answers my questions. The Aether II is a dmx only device. I appreciate the help. Jim
Jim Wright