Author Topic: Best way to transition after show?  (Read 1073 times)

Offline crazybob

Best way to transition after show?
« on: December 02, 2011, »
This is the irst year I've had a simple color changing show all night after my main show. The main show runs fom 5:00pm until 10:00pm. I'm running vixen 2.1.
Here's the problem:
At 10:00 the "all night" show begins. However, the main show does not end, and instead runs at the same time until the program has ended. I'm ok it the main show doesn't end right at ten. Is there a way to have vixen let the current song end, and then switch programs, instead of finishing the whole 34 minute program? Or can you set one program to follow another, instead of starting at a certain time? Ive thought about figuring out what time the repeating main program would actually finish, and then start the all night program at that time. But unless I figured out the exact second, there would either be overlap or dead time.
How does everyone else handle this?

Offline pk

• Patron Member
Re: Best way to transition after show?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, »
I realize this is the Vixen section but I know xLights will do what you want.  I am playing music before my show using xlights.  The show is scheduled to start at 5:30 when it gets dark.  Last night the music lasted past 5:30.  xlights let the song that was playing at 5:30 finish and then started my show (scheduled to start at 5:30) at 5:32.

Give xlights a try.  I am sure it will do what you want.  In xlights you will need to create a playlist (i.e. myshow) for your show and another one (i.e. allnight) for the night.  Just schedule the start and end times for both playlists and you are good to go.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, by pk »

Offline crazybob

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, »
Thank you. Downloading now and will give it a try.

Offline DanHouston

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, »
Why not use the background sequence? It runs whenever a show is not running (sounds like what you want). You have to do a script sequence to assign it to the background.
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline crazybob

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, »
I tried scripting a background sequence years ago. Could not figure it out for the life of me. I'm trying o use xlights now, but it doesn't seem to want to use the profile I put in the folder. I posted a thread in the xlights section, so maybe someone can help me with that.