Author Topic: xLights 2011e  (Read 5844 times)

Offline sielbear

Re: xLights 2011e
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, »
Ok - here's what I've got as of this morning.  I get the same results for lms and xseq files.

Unit numbers that work:
0B

Unit numbers that do not work:
0A

Not sure:
0C (lights are on bethlehem star and tiny snowflakes - can't see anything in the daylight)

I'm attaching an empty channel template file as well as a processed template file where network IDs are updated based on the saved indexes from the LSP to LOR export.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, »
What is the configuration of the HUBs? I.e. which DMX output are you using?

Frank

Offline sielbear

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, »
I'm using the default config, so I believe that would be channels 1-512 on the first hub.

Offline dmoore

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ok - here's what I've got as of this morning.  I get the same results for lms and xseq files.

Unit numbers that work:
0B

Unit numbers that do not work:
0A

Not sure:
0C (lights are on bethlehem star and tiny snowflakes - can't see anything in the daylight)

I'm attaching an empty channel template file as well as a processed template file where network IDs are updated based on the saved indexes from the LSP to LOR export.

Is it possible to post a copy of part (or the entire file) of the LMS exported file from LSP that is having the problem?  I also had a problem with an exported LMS file from LSP that was the result of a problem in LSP that is now being fixed.  Or maybe you can do a screencast-o-matic.com video of the problem?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, by dmoore »

Offline sielbear

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, »
Here is the lms as exported from LOR, the processed lms file after using frank's script to assign network values to the channels, and the converted xseq file.  they are large files...  The other post shows the empty channel templates which may be easier to see any patterns...

Offline dmoore

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, »
Here is the lms as exported from LOR, the processed lms file after using frank's script to assign network values to the channels, and the converted xseq file.  they are large files...  The other post shows the empty channel templates which may be easier to see any patterns...

Looking at just one controller, unit #8, channel "MT5 R", circuit 113, it appears that the data was exported correctly from LSP:

<channel name="MT5 R" color="255" centiseconds="113379" deviceType="LOR" unit="8" circuit="113" savedIndex="96">
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="93" endCentisecond="100" startIntensity="0" endIntensity="2" />
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="100" endCentisecond="107" startIntensity="2" endIntensity="11" />
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="107" endCentisecond="113" startIntensity="11" endIntensity="18" />
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="113" endCentisecond="120" startIntensity="18" endIntensity="20" />
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="120" endCentisecond="127" startIntensity="20" endIntensity="22" />

That data after conversion looks fine also.  I'm assuming that Network 0 (the default network) is also properly configured as the first output in xLights?

It would REALLY help if you would make a screen cast of your settings in xLights both in the network setup and in the schedule information.

Using the xLights light tester, can you control the channels on controller 8 directly?  If not, that would point to a misconfiguration in xLights witch this appears it maybe.

Offline sielbear

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, »
I'll try to take a screen shot of xlights, however, it's essentially:
Com 7, pixelnet, 4096 channels
Com 8, pixelnet, 4096 channels

I can control ALL lights directly from within xlights. 

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, »
How many channels are on controller 8?

circuit 113 is probably the issue here... Do you want DMX channel 113? If so change the unit to unit 1...

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, »
OK looked at your files and I am pretty sure that is the issue here. xLights is calculating the channel number as:
chindex=(unit-1)*16+circuit-1;

So as you have it unit 2 channel 17 will actually be DMX channel 32...

If you just convert all the unit #s to unit 1 you should be OK.

Frank

Offline sielbear

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, »
Hmm - You know, I initially had these setup as LOR in LSP.  I then set them as DMX controllers (where unit isn't used).  I'm wondering if LSP is exporting the original unit number even though it's now a DMX controller?  Essentially I'll have to edit every one of my exported lms files, huh?  What a pain...

I bet I can use the set intensity replacement script I made earlier to make these changes...  Shouldn't be too horrific...  hopefully...  :)

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, »
I can probably make that change for you.  Pretty simple to have it set unit=1 the same way it sets the network.

Just add:
chan.set('unit','1')

after the line:
chan.set('network',str(net['net']))

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, »
Thank you!  Got it to work on a dedicated computer.
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, »
Hi Matt,

Just wanted to let you know that for me your hard work has pay off.

The past two nights my show has been running with no problems on the computer side of things.

Again many thanks for all of your hard work, of course I am using Vixen 2.1x files and profile

I love the new xlights file format, it just WORKS.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, »
I converted all my Vixen sequences to Xlights and no issues thus far, it loads them right away.
In fact I had to insert blank sections of time in my vixen sequences the keep the sign text in sync as the sign text is running on LSP's scheduler and it does not load the LSP sequences as well as Xlights loads it's sequences.

Thanks for doing this.

Bill

Offline sielbear

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2011, »
I wanted to confirm that setting the unit ID to 1 did indeed fix the problems.  I do have 2 songs that pause on me - I've posted about that in another forum topic.  Other than that, xlights is amazing!!!  I am finally running my show with full pixel control instead of just string control!  Very, very happy!