Author Topic: xLights 2011e  (Read 5869 times)

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
xLights 2011e
« on: December 02, 2011, »
OK, let's try this one more time. xLights 2011e is now available for download from SourceForge:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Bug fixes since 2011d:

1) Vixen files that have channels defined in the sequence (i.e. have a non-empty <channels> section in the xml) as well as a link to a profile, will now always use the profile. This is consistent with the way Vixen processes this situation. This was fixed in both xConverter and xScheduler.

2) LOR sequences (LMS files) exported from LSP are now processed correctly by xConverter. This includes fixes to inappropriately setting the channels to full on, and also determining the correct length of the sequence.

Merry Christmas,

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: xLights 2011e
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, »
Hi Matt

Many thanks again

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Thank you for the xLights gift

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, »
Thanks for another early Christmas gift Matt.  I will be trying 2011e later today.

Gary

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, »
Matt

Thanks for xlights, I have been using it to run my show with no problems at all. I have 5 LOR controllers, 2 Express, & 1 Rainbow Brain all running on one Lynx dongle & Lynx wireless.

Again Thanks.

Mike

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, »
Thanks for doing this.

Bill

Offline DonRoss

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, »
Adding to the list of THANKS!!!!!!

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, »
2011e working for me...  I am only using Vixen sequences...

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, »
Hi Matt,

I just tried "e" and it works GREAT!!!!

I didn't change the vixen files and now I get all of my channels.

Awesome job and the show started right away. Previously using vixen seqs it would take 15mins before it would play.

I am SO HAPPY, you are Awesome

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, »
Will put it to the test tonight.  the "d" version fixed my issues though esp. after converting 'em.

Thanks so much!

Dean
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline sielbear

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, »
I'm having a bit of a problem outputting a converted file.  It was exported from LSP to LOR.  Then I ran a script to define my networks correctly - saved instances 0-2400 are network 0, saved instances 2400 - 4166 are network 1.

I have 2 pixelnet dongles defined.  There is something going on with both my DMX output from pixelnet dongle 1 and for some of the channels in dongle 2.  In particular, approximately 1/2 of my LOR units work with this configuration, but half don't work at all.  It's always the same ones.  I can play the sequence perfectly from LSP scheduler or sequencer without issue. 

The xlights test can control all lor units / channels.  It is JUST a problem isolated to these files... 

Offline keitha43

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, »
Having problems. Smartstrings don't output colors correctly sometimes and if you try to delete a playlist the program crashes. The lms still are playing correctly. This is from LSP to LOR to new xlights format.

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, »
I'm having a bit of a problem outputting a converted file.  It was exported from LSP to LOR.  Then I ran a script to define my networks correctly - saved instances 0-2400 are network 0, saved instances 2400 - 4166 are network 1.

I have 2 pixelnet dongles defined.  There is something going on with both my DMX output from pixelnet dongle 1 and for some of the channels in dongle 2.  In particular, approximately 1/2 of my LOR units work with this configuration, but half don't work at all.  It's always the same ones.  I can play the sequence perfectly from LSP scheduler or sequencer without issue. 

The xlights test can control all lor units / channels.  It is JUST a problem isolated to these files...

So let me just make sure I understand your setup. I have 2 pixelnet dongles, each connected to a smartstring hub? You have LOR controllers that are running in DMX mode off of one or both of those smartstring hubs? And you are playing the LMS files from xScheduler and not all LOR controllers are responding?

What are the unit ids of the LOR controllers that are not responding?

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, »
Having problems. Smartstrings don't output colors correctly sometimes and if you try to delete a playlist the program crashes. The lms still are playing correctly. This is from LSP to LOR to new xlights format.

I've tried duplicating the "crash when deleting a playlist", but have been unsuccessful - works without issue for me. Could you see if it works under some conditions and not others?

Does the Krypton sequence you sent me exhibit the "smartstrings don't output colors correctly" issue? If so, which channels? at what point in the sequence?

Thanks,

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline sielbear

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, »
Your assumptions on this are correct. Lor running in dmx off one smart string hub. I'll get working and non working controller numbers tomorrow for you. Thanks!!

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, »
Ran the show last night for 5 hours without a hitch....  Haven't noticed anything else while navigating through it....
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]