Author Topic: problem  (Read 1679 times)

Offline joshuashu

problem
« on: December 03, 2011, »
Ok so i have a wireless that runs in to my MR 16,  when i plug it in to the 485 it blinks like it is getting the signal and the MR  16 dmx light goes on, but the dmx light on the wireless pulses for a few times and then it goes out? what gives? i just redid the pic and all is well check sum? i tested this on another unit and it did the same thing

Offline joshuashu

Re: problem
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, »
ok it is 3 blinks, 3 blinks and 1 short blink on the green DMX LED? any suggestions?

Offline cBell

• Christmas in Brewster
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, »
This is the desired behavior at start up.  The 3 blinks indicate receive mode and the 1 blink indicated universe 1.  If you aren't getting any blinks after this, it means either the transmitter isn't transmitting or the receiver isn't receiving.  Assuming your transmitter is blinking properly at start up and continuing to blink after that (indicating dmx data coming in), I would check the solder joints on the wireless modules themselves as it appears the pic is functioning properly.
-Chris
Follow my journey: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, »
OK i had to replace the pic on this and the MR 16 board because it somehow got fried? not sure if something touched it or what? i got the MR 16 working again w/0 wireless, is there something i can check on the wireless module, maybe a bad  100 uf cap or voltage reg?

Offline tthompson

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, »
can you verify the wireless works on another MR16?

I would also suggest posting a close up picture (front and back) of the setup and we could take a look at the chip locations, solder, etc.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, »
Did you remove the RS-485 chip?

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, »
can you verify the wireless works on another MR16?

I would also suggest posting a close up picture (front and back) of the setup and we could take a look at the chip locations, solder, etc.

i could do that but i know it worked just fine last year, so probably not a bad solder connection.

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, »
Did you remove the RS-485 chip?

Rick R.

Yupp i did that, the only way the MR 16 will accept wireless.  i am just wondering , what it would have blown, resistor? 100 uf cap. it just does not pickup the signal?