Author Topic: LSP 2.0 Not Exporting Effect Data to LOR S2 LMS file - anyone else?  (Read 1931 times)

Offline dmoore

I've got xLights up and working fine and after MUCH troubleshooting trying to figure out why xLights wouldn't play parts of my sequence, I finally found that that the root cause was LSP not exporting all the effects and it wasn't a problem with xLights after all.

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and if so, what work around did you have?  I've already tried converting the controllers from E131's to PixelNet and it still didn't export the data.

Here is a video showing the problem:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dmoore

I'm almost 100% sure I now know the root cause of this problem - the effects that will not export or play in the LSP scheduler are ONLY effects that were cut-n-pasted from imported LOR sequences.  This now explains why things such as transitions (not imported) output/export just fine but all the chases and other pasted effects don't.  Here is a fine example of it:

<channel name="RGB Pole 1" color="255" centiseconds="113379" deviceType="LOR" unit="1" circuit="4001" savedIndex="915">
<effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="2512" endCentisecond="2538" startIntensity="100" endIntensity="10" />
<effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="2538" endCentisecond="2546" intensity="0" />

The first effect at 2512 is a manually placed effect, not one cut-n-pasted from an LOR import.  The effect at 2538 is the start of a cut-n-paste effect and as you can see, it's intensity is zero with not start/end intensity.  So clearly this is coming from within LSP. 

I've got to think that others have "re-used" LOR sequences they've imported and are seeing this same issue.

Thanks,
David

Offline charles59

LOR uses intensity  only for constant, and start intensity and stop intensity for ramps.  Both are valid.  The fact one has intensity only, would imply that it was a constant value for that duration.  THe other, with start/stop implies it is ramping across that time.

Offline dmoore

This all started when I reused my 2009 LOR S2 sequences that were HIGHLY sequenced - I spent many hours on them...  Even though that was only a 1120 channel display, I realised that I could reuse them on the completely different 1100 channel display.  Three, eight channel arches becomes 24 CoroStars, etc.  Of course all those sequences were non-RGB from LOR controllers. 

It appears what occured was that the non-RGB data, when pasted into an RGB channel, is missing "color blends" and while it *looks* ok, the information neccessary for the blend isn't there and thus it results in the missing information when the sequence is played in LOR's scheduler or exported in LOR format.

What suprises me most is that other people, moving to RGB have not experienced this problem since it only seems logical to reuse LOR sequences and timing information.  Are there other people that have re-used LOR sequence data in an RGB device and if so, what were your experiences?

David at LightShow Pro jumped on the problem and is updating LSP to fix this and a few other user reported issues.

Thanks,
David

Offline coachers

• Coachers
David,

I'm having the same issues, I didn't notice it till last night.

On all my other sequences I made fresh for the RGB stuff and never had this be an issue. My wife was on me to get " I want a Hippo for Christmas" updated and running for this year. I tried saving time and such and just copy and paste from my old. Watched the show last nigh, none of my RGB stuff was coming on for this song.

Hope David at LSP can push out a quick fix.

AL
May you have Good Health...
Great Wealth.....
And your stein never be empty.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
And this is one of the many reasons why I switched back to LOR S3...

Before making the switch though I ran into this issue and was manually rebuilding the effects in the RGB channels to work around this limitation. In general I do not believe LSP will let you paste from a non RGB channel to an RGB channel.  It will look like it works in the grid but nothing gets output.

Frank

Offline dmoore

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And this is one of the many reasons why I switched back to LOR S3...

Before making the switch though I ran into this issue and was manually rebuilding the effects in the RGB channels to work around this limitation. In general I do not believe LSP will let you paste from a non RGB channel to an RGB channel.  It will look like it works in the grid but nothing gets output.

Frank

I think this is an out shoot of the complexity of this software.  There are just so many possible options and until people run into them, they won't get fixed.

David fixed this problem I was having and my exports appear to be just fine now (I also suspect the LOR scheduler will work too).  David should be releasing an update for this issue and a few others soon.

Thanks,
David

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
That is good to hear.  David is very responsive and has created a very powerful software package.  I still use it as there is nothign in LOR that can come close to transitions. I just have a multi-step process to export to LOR and then convert from there to a LOR S3 RGB channel configuration so that I can cut and paste the transition into my sequences.  It is complicated but I get the full power of LSP and the ease of use of LOR

Frank