Author Topic: Case leaked and Express got soaked.............  (Read 5652 times)

Offline dilgod

• Change your thoughts and you change your world.
Re: Case leaked and Express got soaked.............
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, »
With all the CorrosionX magic that it does, I want to spray all my boards (V2, V3, V4 and V5).

Before I spray the board should I remove ALL the removable parts from the board before spraying? i.e.: do I remove each and every ICs, power leads from the board before spraying?

When you mention "completed board" can I assume that everything is actually plugged in including the power leads, ICs etc

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The nice thing about CorrosionX is you can clean the board with Contact Cleaner and easily do repairs.  If you coat with a more permanent coating such as the silicon stuff, you may run into some complications for any repairs you may need to do in the future.

To answer the question about how to use the CorrosionX, as RJ also stated; just lightly spray both sides of the completed board.  Nothing needs to be protected from the spray, just do it.  It does not dry hard and can easily be cleaned off with contact cleaner if you need to.

Spray it and forget it!  It has the characteristics of penetrating oil and will seep into the tiniest places to displace water and prevent moister and water intrusion.   Also, it does not last forever and may require annual refreshing.

<pop..
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, by dilgod »

Offline Rogelio

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, »
No do not remove anything.  Just spray it on.

Offline dilgod

• Change your thoughts and you change your world.
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012, »
Thank you very much