Author Topic: Viewer request mobile web site  (Read 1061 times)

Offline rimist

Viewer request mobile web site
« on: December 05, 2011, »
I would like for viewers to see a list of the sequences/ songs that I have available, and be able to request songs from that list. I'm fairly certain that I can take care of the web side of things, however, on the scheduler side I wanted to know how difficult it would be to have it poll a web page, which would probably return xml, for the next song to be played.

- Rimist

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
- Rimist

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Re: Viewer request mobile web site
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, »
With the new "EXEC" command in the scripting language, you can do a lot of things - like run a command that fetches xml and saves it to a file. Using the scripting language, you can then read the contents of that file and schedule the next song. So yes, I am sure something like that is possible.

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
Re: Viewer request mobile web site
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I would like for viewers to see a list of the sequences/ songs that I have available, and be able to request songs from that list. I'm fairly certain that I can take care of the web side of things, however, on the scheduler side I wanted to know how difficult it would be to have it poll a web page, which would probably return xml, for the next song to be played.

- Rimist

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Rimist

This is a GOAL of mine to get to this point .... I ran out of time THIS year (had my 2nd kid) but on my road map fornext year and will share the code. 

I also like to see a way to have a handheld tester on my iPhone ... select the channel and intesitiy and it picks it up.  Wish their was a easy way to intigrate into the test screen.  Something like

XLights.exe -On -Channel 1,2,3,4,5,6 -Inensity 255

I think I can do this in the ExEc as Matt desc ... kind of make a on demand XML code (LOR Sequance) on my mobile site.

Harrison