Author Topic: xLight File Conversion Help  (Read 990 times)

Offline mmais68569

xLight File Conversion Help
« on: December 05, 2011, »
Here is what I currently am doing, with only a few minor problems.

I am running xLights ising LOR sequences, a few MINOR problems I have seen this way are:
1. A few (I know of 2) Ch are not coming on when they should. I have tested these same CH & they work fine so not a cord or connection problem.
2. I am getting a little ghosting, channels coming on when not scheduled.
3.A couple times at the beginning of the show the lights do not come on but the music starts as it should.

If I was to convert these LOR sequences to xLight sequences would that possibly solve some of these problems?

Thanks Mike

PS. I forgot to add that the show is running on a Lynx Dongle & is wireless. 1 problem on an LOR controller the other on a Express.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, by mmais68569 »

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
Re: xLight File Conversion Help
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, »
Hi Mike,

I am having similar problems with my LOR network in xLights and I am using xLights converted sequences.

The Pixelnet networks seem to always be spot on with every command and light cue.  It seems isolated to the LOR network where I see missed cues and ghosting.

I know this does not help you but at least wanted to put it out there that you are not the only one seeing issues.

Frank

Offline keitha43

Re: xLight File Conversion Help
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, »
Same problems. But can't use the converter to the new format at all as it screws up my smartstring colors. The colors are correct using the lms format. But for the lor side I have a "tune to" sign for instance that is supposed to be on for the duration of the song. In lsp I have to have the 1st cell off or lsp will never turn it on. But in xlights it may never come on or come on late. However I don't know if the problem is xlights or lsp export creating the problem. So I just went back to using the lsp scheduler.