Author Topic: network=1 question...  (Read 1287 times)

Offline sielbear

network=1 question...
« on: November 02, 2011, »
I'm currently running two lynx usb dongles with pixel net and I'll be outputting to two separate universes / networks of pixelnet.  I'll also have LOR in use.  My first Pixelnet network / universe is setup as the first controller, so I've not had to modify any of my LOR xml files to work just yet.  When I add the lights to the second network / universe, I'm sure I'll run into the issue. 

I assume Network=1 corresponds to the second dongle essentially and (in my configuration) LOR (which is my third dongle) would be network=2?

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Re: network=1 question...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, »
You are correct.
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, »
I have a similar setup, without the LOR dongle, two Pixelnet Dongles only.  Everything works when I run the Lighting Test and RGB Test, but when I export a sequence from LSP to LOR and try to run a schedule, I am only getting output on my first dongle. I am at a loss for where to look.  On Dongle 1 I have 2 LEs 1-32 and 11 SSCs with varying channel numbers, of which I've deleted part of the channels to make sequencing easier. Dongle 2 is just 11 SSCs. I've tried changing the network type to single and multi, and get the same result.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, »
Hi Jeff,

For your sequence to work you will need to set the network on the channels assigned to the second dongle.  LSP does not output network info when you convert. You can use my script posted in this thread You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to make the process a little easier for you. 

You will need to inspect your .lms files to determine the correct start saved index and end saved index for using my script. 

In addition keep in mind that the first network in the lms file will be network="0" and the second one will be network="1".  You do not technicly have to set the network value for network 0 as xLights will assume network =0 if no network is present.

Hope this helps.

Frank

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, »
Thanks, that has at least got me in the right direction. I am getting output on both networks now. I just wish LSPs scheduler would work. My show is all animation sequences of just simple color changing, and it looks like LSP will only export music sequences to LOR, so I am going to have to now go through and convert them to .msq files and then export them. The only way I've found is to make a empty sound file of the length I need, and then copy/paste from the old sequence into the new one.

Thanks for all the help.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, »
I had this same problem, during my LSP export of the animation files I selected any old audio file so the export would run.
After the export if you open LMS file you can then remove the reference to the audio file from between the two quote marks.

The line will look something like:

<sequence saveFileVersion="3" author="Me" createdAt="11/26/2011 9:02:06 PM" musicFilename="c:\blah.mp3">

You can change it to:

<sequence saveFileVersion="3" author="Me" createdAt="11/26/2011 9:02:06 PM" musicFilename="">

And then save the file.

The prompt for LSP wanting an audio file during the export of an animation sequence has been reported as a bug.

Bill

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, »
I wouldn't think that would be by design. I thought I just tried doing that and it never seemed to save a file, but I will have to try it again when I have the time. Working tonight, so maybe in the morning when I get home.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL