Author Topic: Multiple Dondle Setup  (Read 839 times)

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
Multiple Dondle Setup
« on: December 05, 2011, »
Is there any way to set the same channels for multiple dongles in xlights?

I have a standard Lynx dongle and a pixelnet dongle. I want channels 1-84 to be on the standard dongle and also on the pixelnet dongle. I did this so that I could run the wireless from the standard dongle and not have to put the wireless transmitter out in the yard with the pixelnet hub, but I would still be able to use the DMX out from the hub where needed.

I setup one network for DMX ending on channel 84 and a second network for Pixelnet ending on channel 1488. It seems to work OK in test mode, but when I run a sequence only the first network seems to work correctly no matter which order I put them in.

The setup works fine in Vixen, but I was wanting to try xlights to see if I get better performance.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
Re: Multiple Dondle Setup
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, »
From what I understand I do not believe your setup would work. xLights sees two different networks and is only reading data from your sequences for 1 network.

What you could do is copy all the channels and events for channels 1-84 and have them in two networks.

Are you using Vixen or LOR?  I can probably help you with the LOR side but I have no real experience with Vixen.

Frank

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Re: Multiple Dondle Setup
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, »
Frank is correct.

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login