Author Topic: 2011 Show is up and running  (Read 1470 times)

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
2011 Show is up and running
« on: December 05, 2011, »
Here is the video:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Enjoy!

The show is about 13 and a half minutes long and features five songs.

I only used about 6,000 lights.  6 Lynx Express Controllers, 1 LOR controller, 1 Rainbow Brain controller.  The 3 spots are rainbow spots.

The megatree is new (the design is from loopy christmas). I added 3 colors to it from last year and doubled the number of strands to 32 total.

I live in a townhome so I have very limited yard space.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: 2011 Show is up and running
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, »
Great!

I love the work you do with the three upstairs windows they give a great depth to the show with your seqencing.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline meman

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, »
Great job! Nice clean layout and excellent color depths.

Thanks for sharing,
Mike E.

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, »
Good job!

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, »
Great show Kurt & thanks to your help this summer I to am running a combined show of Lynx, LOR & rainbow Brain.

Merry Christmas

Mike

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, »
I really like the show, very nice job!! I especially like that you can fit so much in a little area without it being crowed. Great work!

Jesse
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, »
How did you do those windows? It looks like flood lights lighting the rooms up from the inside? If they're bedrooms, I'd feel sorry for those who are trying to get some sleep!  :D

Offline Jasonlnlv

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, »
Great job,

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, »
Very nice!!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, »
Gary,

The windows are wrapped with 280 lights each (70 lights per strand X 4 colors).  They are connected via little plastic connectors on double-stick tape on the edges of the window (and individually placed so the spacing and order is correct).  You can find the connectors from the christmaslightsetc site (something like $7 per 100).  As to sleeping, the show only goes until 930 pm and this is where our master bedroom is, so it only affects myself and my wife (not that either of us go to bed that early).  The whole set-up of the windows took two evenings to do three windows.

Kurt
------

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, »
Are the lights inside the house? It looks like they're behind a curtain or something because if the way it lights up.

Offline typoagain

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, »
Very nice!

I like the windows. I might have to rethink how I have done mine!   :-\
One of the new guys in Odessa TX.

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, »
Gary,

Yes, those lights are inside the house.  The curtain is BEHIND the lights and what gives the nice glow affect (and making some think I have spot lights in my room! LOL)

Kurt
------

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, »
Do you have some controllers inside, or are you passing wires from the outside through the wall? If so, how did you do it?

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, »
Gary,

Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF) - I am connected wirelessly.  Details below:

I have one controller upstairs (Lynx Express with Wireless TX/RX attachment)

The computer and one DMX Controller and one TX/RX Wireless enclosure that is transmitting wirelessly.

The rest of the show is outside with two Lynx Express wireless  on the pole of the megatree.

The other controllers are:  Two Lynx Express with wireless on the left side of the stairs leading to the house (behind the right set of three mini trees), One LOR controller connected with a TX/RX Wireless Dongle and a LOR cross-connect cable on the right side of the stairs leading to the house (behind the spotlight and channel sign), one Lynx Express with wireless behind the right three mini trees, and one Rainbow Brain controller behind the right mini trees (connected with TX/RX wireless dongle.

Crude ASCII Layout:
Inside house:
                                         [Lynx EX 1 upstairs bedroom]

[Computer with Dongle and RX/TX in downstairs kitchen running show]

Outside house (top view)

[Rainbow Brain]                       [Electrical connections to house]  [Sound - External Speakers]                 [Lynx EX 5]   [Stairs to house]  [LOR]
      [Lynx EX 4 ]                                                                                                                                              [Lynx EX 6]   [                      ]
                            [Mini 3]                                                                                                    [Mini 4]                                    [                      ]
              [Mini 2]                                                                                                                               [Mini 5]                       [                      ]                                             
  [Mini 1]                                                                                                                                                        [Mini 6]          [                      ]  [Sign w/ Spot]

[Lynx EX 3]   [Lynx EX 2]                                                                        Canes lining both sides of walk
                                                                                    (Megatree pole)

Hope this helps!

Kurt
------