Author Topic: dead dongle  (Read 1115 times)

Offline therealbigjim

dead dongle
« on: December 06, 2011, »
My main show is up and running , so I did not have enough to do I offered a friend some of my extra stuff...... <fp. I have two dongles. #1 the computer sees the dongle and assigns it a comport and the red light comes on ,the green light is less bright. I set up a test in Vixen. and do the settings like the video on the wiki page. I plug in the cat 5 cable and all of the Lynx channels light and some flicker before even running the test sequence. I run the test sequence and nothing changes. The data light on the Express is lit as soon as  the dongle is plugged in but it is dim and flickering.   
#2 the red light comes on the green light is on also. The computer assigns it a comport. I run the test in Vixen and nothing, the data light on the express does not come on and all channels are off.

I tried two different usb and cat 5 cables. I re-touched all of the solder joints, and re-flashed both pics per the wiki page.  I cleaned the back of the dongle board and checked for solder bridges. I tried several of RJ's DMX programs and no response from ether dongle. >:(
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, by therealbigjim »
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login