Author Topic: 3 Channel Mode and 'Non-Smart' RGB strings  (Read 876 times)

Offline johno123

3 Channel Mode and 'Non-Smart' RGB strings
« on: December 07, 2011, »
For bushes, small trees, etc has anyone attempted to use the '3 channel' mode with our controller firmware and attempt to attach to other RGB single channel strings instead of pixel strings?  If so, does anyone have any suggestions on good strings that work well with our firmware/COM rate?  Or would it be easier just rigging them up to an MR16?

Offline lboucher

• Boucher Family Lights
Re: 3 Channel Mode and 'Non-Smart' RGB strings
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, »
Not me, for the price, i just couldn't bring myself not to utilize the full capabilities of a string.
Boucher Family Lights
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, »
Johno,
I was planning to do this.  However, I am just beginning to really researching the SS stuff deeper for next year.  Do you have a link for the "dumb strings" ;)?  Are they just like SS but without the circuitry for pixels and are just wired together?  It would really cool for mini trees and bushes like you said.  I am not looking to use 2500 channels for just mini trees, bushes, and other basic display items either.  But if they are priced the same forget about it though.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, »
Ray Wu has dumb strings (no circuitry).
Don't to figure into your calculations the need for controllers...  whether they are lynx-based controllers, or dmx controllers that you buy assembled.

Browse through ray's list of recent orders and you'll find all of the same elements (ribbons, strips, strings, modules, square modules) without the chip.  they will have 4 wires R, G, B and ground.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro