Author Topic: Using Video for Sequencing...  (Read 3361 times)

Offline sielbear

Re: Using Video for Sequencing...
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, »
I used 320x240.  The reason I went with this was 1.) I didn't see an immediate need to go higher as even with a roofline with pixel control, I've only got perhaps 600 "pixels".  I was ok having a few grouped up. 2.) The speed to export the rendered video was really important as I had started so late in creating this show.  I literally started working on different songs in early November. 3.) LSP resamples the background image to 320x240, so my assumption was that the video processing takes place at this resolution. 4.) I looked at a couple of the transition videos in LSP and found they were at 320x240. 

I've asked David to provide a little more info as to how the video sampling / transitions are generated so I'll know more for next year.  Going to 640x480 increases the number of pixels by 4x (77000 to 307000).  If LSP can sample higher quality video, I'll consider using a higher resolution video, however, I don't know that it's completely necessary based on my findings.  I also worry that a higher resolution video might use more memory.  David will need to confirm if a higher resolution video would be re-sized as well.