Author Topic: MR 16 help needed  (Read 1841 times)

Offline SteveMaris

MR 16 help needed
« on: December 08, 2011, »
Hey guys,
I just built my MR 16 board. I am running LOR IDMX with my express boards. The problem is I have no way of setting the starting channel to what I need, right? What are my options here? Thank you
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
Re: MR 16 help needed
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, »
The only way that I know of is to program it the the Lynx Dongle and RJ's Lynx Address Program.  Not sure you can do it any other way even the WIKI does not mention any other way other that using the dongle.  That's what I have been using anyway not sure if the LOR IDMX will do.

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, »
Thanks Rod,
That's what I was afraid of. Can anyone program it for me if I send it you? I'm in no hurry for it.

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, »
I can program it for you no problem at all.  I'm sure others closer to you in IL. will be glad to help as well.  I'm in Campbell, CA.  It takes all of 30 seconds or less to do it.  Most of the time is spent open op the program.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, by Rod R »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, »
All you need is to output the channel number you want as the value of channel #1 on the DMX. Or if it is more than 255 you do it as the total of channel #1 and #2 then put the board into program mode.

It reads the channel output and sets its address with it.

If your IDMX can put out DMX value of 0 - 255 and you set all the other channels to 0 then it should work. I have never done this with a IDMX so I can not promise I just know that this is all the board needs to tell it what channel to be on.
RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, »
Thank you RJ & Rod,
 I will give it a shot in the morning.