Author Topic: Taller stand for aethers  (Read 1724 times)

Offline zwiller

Taller stand for aethers
« on: December 09, 2011, »
Thought some of you would might benefit from this.  I really wanted to get my aethers off the ground and I needed one of them to be located right above a bush so I made a stand for them.  I removed the original stand, made a U bracket from some scrap aluminum, attached it to a 1/2" end cap with a screw, and mounted it to a 3' stick of 1/2" gray electrical conduit.  I did the rebar in the ground and conduit over the rebar trick.  This made a dramatic increase in brightness I wanted since the light was placed where exactly it needed to be.  Now both of mine are 3' away from the house and 3' from the ground at about 45deg. 

And of course my aethers are my new favorite!!!  Build was simple, and they perform really well, and that is coming from a guy who uses 1kw par 64s for Halloween.  Let me rephrase that, "used to use 1kw par 64's for Halloween"... 

Great Job RJ. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, by zwiller »
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline therealbigjim

Re: Taller stand for aethers
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, »
I am pondering getting into the next coop, would you post some nite time action shots.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, »
Sorry for the delay. 

Now I'm not a pro photographer nor do I play one on TV...  These were taken from my iphone.

As many have said, pics of led devices do NOT represent the appearance of what actually occurs in real life.  All colors are equal in intensity.  I estimate the output of the aether as about 500 watts as a par can.  I was skeptical of the brightness of the aether II but I was surprised how well they perform.  They have a much broader spread pattern than a par can flood too.  Also, the colors are as deep as a par with a good gel. 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, by zwiller »
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, »
Very nice.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login