Author Topic: MR16 Programing Help  (Read 2410 times)

Offline mmais68569

MR16 Programing Help
« on: December 09, 2011, »
I have read all the posts & rerun the program 8-10 times always with the same results. I have a red & green LED on solid   hook up a LED test strip to ch 1,2,3. I am using CAT5 to connect to the board so org strip, green strip, brown strip are together & connected to the + side of the boards. Then the Or. solid is connected to ch1 (red) blue solid to ch 2 (green) brown solid to ch 3( blue). When I plug the controller back in I get a solid Blue on the led whit no program running. That should tell me that the address did not take correct? As said above have done this many times with same results. Below are a couple pictures.

Thanks Mike

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
Re: MR16 Programing Help
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, »
I don't know if this has anything to do with your issues, but it does not look like you have the terminate jumper on in your pictures.

The terminate jumper should be on if you do not have anything connected to the DMX out.

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, »
I have done it both ways and same results.
        Mike

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, »
The RS-485 chip (third chip from the left) looks a little askew in its socket ... have you made sure that it is seated correctly?

\dmc

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, »
This isn't related to fixing your problem (I'd agree with the RS485 chip comment), but I was wondering about your color choices for the CAT5.

For my RGB Floods, I used Orange for Red, Blue for Blue and Green for Green. I thought I'd make fewer wiring errors that way.

I used the white stripe wires for the Common and Solid color wires to connect to the individual RGB wires on the modules.

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, »
I reset the 485 chip & tried to program & it did not take.
I had a second MR16 that I was successful at get to address
Guess it is back to board #1 to see if I can find the problem.

Mike

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, »
I'm having the same problem with my MR16. I've tried to program the starting address from 1 to 17, but it just won't take. I've tried 2 computers with 2 dongles and it will not take on either computer. I've checked RS485, and it looks good, but nothing is working. The controller works it just won't let me program it to the right channel.
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, »
Have you tried placing the pic from the working board in the nonworking one? It would eliminate the pic as an issue.

How are you programming the start address? I had a couple SSR4s that I could not get to program with the Lynx address utility. So, I used DMX Deck and set the intensity for channel 1 to the value I wanted for the start address (For start address 17 set the intensity on channel 1 to 17). Moved the jumper to program and they programmed on the first try.

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, »
I have not swapped the PIC will try that & see if that could be the problem. The only way I have to program is with the Dongle & RJ's program, or that is the only way I know of.

Mike