Author Topic: Undesired channel blinking  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

Undesired channel blinking
« on: December 11, 2011, »
I originally posted this to another thread about unwanted channel flash but haven't gotten a reply from anyone.  Thanks to anyone who can help me pinpoint what is causing this. 
As additional informaion I only have 3 LE's in my show and the one with the problem is the middle one in the series.

Yesterday I replaced an LE with a couple of bad Triacs with an extra (unused until now) LE.  I noticed tonight that about 2 seconds after the lights from that LE come on they briefly blink.  None of the other LE's have this effect nor did the one that I pulled out of service.  I am only using LE's in my show.  If the lights are on for less than 2 seconds there is nothing noticably different than the other LE's.  It is only when they are on for more than 2 seconds that the brief flash occurs.  Thoughts???  I program using Light Show Pro.

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Re: Undesired channel blinking
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, »
Greetings,,,

Since you've got a spare for parts swap, you might want to swap the pic from the one pulled from service, for a quick check of that.  Then, cold solder joints should be checked.

This is guessing that it's all the channels doing it, but a start for troubleshooting in either case.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, »
What ver of LE and what kind of lights.  Wired or wireless?  Different things have caused this in the past.  I had the problem with wireless which a firmware upgrade fixed and also when using LEDs which a snubber fixed.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, »
LE V5, wired.  Using no LED's, mostly Wal-Mart 100 ct strings, some GE.