Author Topic: scheduler problem  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Sparky96

scheduler problem
« on: December 11, 2011, »
I tried searching but cannot find the answer I need. I am running xlights on a MAC from Vixen files from my PC. The show runs great once it starts. The problem I am having is that it doesn't seem to reset after ending the show each night. The bottom of the screen shows the show will start at the start time, but once that time comes around, nothing happens. Once I change the time again each night to the next increment, it starts up and runs great and ends when its supposed to. 

Example: It's set to start at 5:30, bottom of screen displays "next show will start at 5:30", 5:30 rolls around and no show starts no music or lights. Reset time to 5:45, at 5:45 the show starts. The show runs til end time and stops. Next morning I check the screen and it displays "next show will start at 5:30". I can even reset the schedule the morning of, but still the show won't start at the scheduled start time. Only when I reset it for within the next 15 minutes or so.

I've tried clearing the schedule and re-entering it, but that does not fix the problem. The computer stays on all the time and the scheduler stays open too. Thanks in advance for your help.

David

Offline Sparky96

Re: scheduler problem
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, »
Noticed something tonight when I went to start the show again since it hadn't started on it's own. I went to start the show like I have been doing but since it was only a minute or 2 since the show was supposed to start, as soon as I woke up the computer, it started working. So now it seems like it's associated with the computer going to sleep, however it will still shut off by itself even though the computer is in sleep mode. This is making sense but not.

Dave

Offline nick

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, »
I am having a somewhat similar problem. I am running xLights on Windows XP with Vixen files. My show never automatically starts when it is supposed to. If I just close the scheduler, not even the whole xLights program, and open the scheduler back up, the lights come on right away. They stay on like they are supposed to and turn off at the correct time. Then the next day, they don't start again until I repeat the process.

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am having a somewhat similar problem. I am running xLights on Windows XP with Vixen files. My show never automatically starts when it is supposed to. If I just close the scheduler, not even the whole xLights program, and open the scheduler back up, the lights come on right away. They stay on like they are supposed to and turn off at the correct time. Then the next day, they don't start again until I repeat the process.

Which version of xLights are you running on Windows?

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline nick

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, »

Which version of xLights are you running on Windows?

Matt

2011e

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, »
I had my first xLights failure. The show started as usual so I went to do some editing. My wife came in and asked me if the show should be running.

I went to the show machine and there were no errors but the show had stopped.

Any suggestions to trace this down would be appreciated.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, »
I had this multiple times last night. The first time someone rang the doorbell and asked why the show wasn't running. My computer had an error but I don't remember what it was. I restarted the scheduler and it started working. A while later I noticed it stopped again but no error. A little while later it did it again and I know it had only beed a few songs into the show that time. Again no error. It was just stopping randomly. Using 2011e.

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, »

If you click "Run Schedule" a few minutes before the show is scheduled to start, do you get the countdown at the bottom of the window? When it goes to 0, does anything happen? Does anything get written to the log? Sorry for the questions, but I have been unable to duplicate your issue.

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline Sparky96

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, »
Ok, so I started looking around on the mac today and am thinking it's doing all this because the computer is going to sleep. So I found the energy settings and I think there is 2 ways to do this. Either I don't put the computer to sleep, or I check the button in that scheduler to wake it up at a specific time. So I have the computer set to wake up 10 minutes before my show start time, and not to go to sleep for 45 minutes. Hopefully this fixes my problem.  I'll report back my findings.

Dave

Offline nick

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, »
If you click "Run Schedule" a few minutes before the show is scheduled to start, do you get the countdown at the bottom of the window? When it goes to 0, does anything happen? Does anything get written to the log? Sorry for the questions, but I have been unable to duplicate your issue.

Matt

It's been several days since I've really payed attention to it because I know that closing the scheduler and opening it again is the quick way to fix. I'll have to check it out tomorrow and let you know. From what I remember, I'm pretty sure the scheduler would count down like normal and then the log shows that the sequence is running. It just doesn't actually run.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, »
My scheduler is crashing again tonight. After about 1 1/2 hours it errors with Microsoft visual c++ runtime library. this app has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. contact the app support team. It has happened twice so far tonight. I noticed the scheduler was using about 1.8gig of memory at the time. Don't know if that was normal or not.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
scheduler problem
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, »
What type of sequences are you using?  Have you tried converting to xlights files?  They use far less memory than LOR. Or Vixen files.

Frank

Offline keitha43

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, »
I am using the lms. I get strange problems like 1 of my pixelnet strands have different colors than what it is supposed to and the lor channels being erratic. The lms behave normally. I have sent dowdybrown both versions of a sequence.

Offline nick

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, »
The behavior is as I described above. The scheduler shows when the next show is supposed to start. When that time comes, it looks like it is running the sequence. The log shows that it is running and repeating it, but the lights do not come on.

Offline Sparky96

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, »
Well, it's finally working correctly. Apparently xlights scheduler won't start while the computer is asleep, however once xlights starts the playlist, it will continue until the end of the show and shut itself off. I thought it wasn't working sunday night, but upon further investigation, I had set the computer to wake in the AM instead of the PM. I'll get the hang of this mac someday. Now to update a sequence.

Dave