Author Topic: lsp scheduler help... Please  (Read 3981 times)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
lsp scheduler help... Please
« on: December 11, 2011, »
while loading a new song to my schedule, I watched it play outside to make sure it ran right.. Heres the problem: Now the song will not load..It says :an error was encountered while decompressing the sequence... I did nothing to it from the time I watched it earlier .. So am I overlooking something?  all the other songs load fine..Help please.! hour til show time
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline bwhite505

• Patron Member
Re: lsp scheduler help... Please
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, »
Did you save it as an Optimized sequence?  Mine seem to run better when saved this way.

Brian

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, »
Well, it ran earlier without a problem. How do you optimize the shows? I tried it but couldn't get it to work.

Offline sielbear

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, »
You can save an optimized sequence by clicking on the swirly at the top left of the lsp sequence editor, then export, optimized sequence.

If I understand correctly, you are getting this error when trying to add the sequence to a performance? this is not occurring during the scheduler playback, correct?

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, »
Here's what happened. I sequenced the song,  then I ran it so I could see it running outside. It did fine. Then when I went to add it to my regular schedule, it read the error. No matter how I try to put it in the schedule,  it will not go.  I don't understand, because it ran at 4:00pm earlier.

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, »
What version of the software? I had that error last year occasionally with v1.8

Is the scheduler and the sequencer on the same machine?

Are you rebuilding the entire show or just trying to add this thru the calendar?

Try opening it in the sequencer (on the same machine) and just saving it. Then try to add it to the scheduler.
Thanks
Mike

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, »
Its the new one.2.0 .  I add songs all the time. Just this one is giving me a fit. So if it loaded yesterday at 4, then why not at 5? That seems kinda weird.  Im gonna have to redo the whole song again and I worked for 15 hours making it. 

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, »
If you think the sequence file is corrupt, try the following.  Open the file in LSP and export to Light-o-rama LMS format.  (Select the circle in the upper left hand corner of LSP next to the tabs.)  Then create a new sequence and import the LMS.  Another option is to create a new sequence and copy/paste channels from the old sequence to the new.  You may also want to consider using xlights to schedule your show.  A little more configuration work, but easier to use once its configured.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, »
I will try the export way. I don't wanna change schedulers again. But that should in theory work.

Offline caretaker

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, »
Double check to make sure the music file is still in your music directory.  I had been having a similar problem with several sequences with LSP saying in can't decompressing the sequence (didn't matter whether it was a .oms or .lms file) the funny thing is LSP deleted the .mp3 or .wav file that was associated with the song. When I tried aging to select the song (if I tried the .oms first, then tried the .lms version) it would decompress it but could not find the music file (which I had to copy back into the music directory) So there is a bug of some type going on.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, »
Double check to make sure the music file is still in your music directory.  I had been having a similar problem with several sequences with LSP saying in can't decompressing the sequence (didn't matter whether it was a .oms or .lms file) the funny thing is LSP deleted the .mp3 or .wav file that was associated with the song. When I tried aging to select the song (if I tried the .oms first, then tried the .lms version) it would decompress it but could not find the music file (which I had to copy back into the music directory) So there is a bug of some type going on.
funny you say that, just copied and pasted the whole sequence and it still would not run. Maybe I should edit the song by a quarter second with audacity and retry.

Offline sielbear

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, »
Does the song appear to be in the correct location?  I might re-point LSP to the media file if indicators are that LSP is unhappy with the media file...

I remember seeing a post about the mp3 format needing to be a certain way in the LSP forums - I think 44.1k and 128kbps.  I use WAV files, so I'm certain on the specifics.  Don't know if that impacts this at all, but just tossing it out there since the media file may be to blame...

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, »
Does the song appear to be in the correct location?  I might re-point LSP to the media file if indicators are that LSP is unhappy with the media file...

I remember seeing a post about the mp3 format needing to be a certain way in the LSP forums - I think 44.1k and 128kbps.  I use WAV files, so I'm certain on the specifics.  Don't know if that impacts this at all, but just tossing it out there since the media file may be to blame...
I ran the sequence earlier in the day to see if it worked right and it was good then. An hour later it would not load. That's my problem. It wont load now.

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, »
If you want send me the sequence and the wav file and I will see if I can find the cause. bmulvenna at hotmail.com
Thanks
Mike

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, »
I will. Its a wav from lsp edited.  Not that it matters. After 9:00 pm. Thanks