Author Topic: Vixen - No Output  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Ozmin

• Patron Member
Vixen - No Output
« on: December 11, 2011, »
Newbie question:  I've built several SSC's w/ 128 string nodes.  I've programmed all the pic's (dongle, SSC's, & 1  hub).  I got the one string to flash white (only have programmed the one so far) indicating it's set (starting at 1 ending @ 128).  Used RJ's "color finder' and can vary the colors on the one string (Comm3 is the port).  My problem is in Vixen - I can't get any output,  I've experimented with the different pluggins and such  (is there a particular setting/pluggin for SSC and RGB Strings?).  All I'm trying to do right now in Vixen is a random 128 node (384 channel) mix @ 5 minutes to see what it is like.  I'm sure it's just a matter of a click here or a check that, but I'm at a loss as to what I need to do.  Any help would be appreciated, else my wife is gong to kill me for the amount of $$$$ spent on  this stuff. (She's not that bad).

Thanks - Bill

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Vixen - No Output
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, »
Hi Bill

Make sure you are using the Pixelnet plugin and set the com port with it. If you don't have it then download it from the wiki and place it in Vixen's plugin output folder. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Grab either v2.1 or v2.5 depending on which version of Vixen you are using. Also make sure its enabled and the total number of channels is set.

Hope that helps

Rick R.

P.S. Get the USB Lynx Dongle plugins. I doubt you have the etherdongle
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Ozmin

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, »
Rick - I don't know how to thank you.  It was the pluggin.  I just over looked it when I installed Vixen.  I need to stop listening to my wife.  :)  she suggested i just scrap all this stuff and put up my (BOOOORING) white lights on the gutter.  Now that she has seen the potential -  ;) "(SHE WANTS MORE!!)"  OMG!!!, What's a husband to do.  You saved me from a desperate situation.  i will start programming tommorow in earnest!!

Thanks SOOOO Much!!! and have a great Christmas / New Years!!

Bill

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, »
Hi Bil

Thats Great

I am glad I was able to save you from a boooooring light display LOL

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required