Author Topic: Turning lights off at end of scheduled sequence.  (Read 2376 times)

Offline lightguy

I have a non musical sequence running as a loop, It comes on as scheduled and stops as scheduled but the lights that are on when the sequence finishes stay on. How do I get all the channels to turn off when the schedule stops the sequence?
For now I have to unplud the USB from the PC then when I plug it back in they all go out.

My setup is DMX Dongle-Express wireless TX-Express with wireless DMX RX
Thaks
Lightguy

Offline RDwizard

Re: Turning lights off at end of scheduled sequence.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, »
I would add one cell at the end of your sequence with all the lights off. When it loops there will be a small blip but the lights will be all off at the end the the scheduled sequence.

Offline lightguy

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, »
I thought about doing that and as its a 2 minute sequence running for 6 hours as long as the PC clock is accurate it should stop at the end..... ;)
Will see tonight
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, by lightguy »

Offline RDwizard

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, »
Thats odd. My program plays until all the sequences in that program are finished. So if the end time is 10pm and its in the middle of the program it will play until all the sequences in that program are done even if it is after 10pm.

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, »
You could make a short sequence that turns all lights off and put it in a playlist that is scheduled to run after your show ends.

I have a playlist that has a sequence that turns on the lights on the eves and plays a message over the FM transmitter.  It is followed by holiday music in mp3 format.  For some reason, the eves' lights stay on.  Not sure why and I have not had time to investigate.  This appears to be similar to what you are experiencing.

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, »
Another Option would be to have another program that starts after that program finishes and turns all the lights off.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lightguy

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, »
OK, I kind of did a bit of both. I added a section at the end of the original sequence that blacked out my trees, that worked, the sequence did run to its end on the schedule. However I also have roofline on which I didnt want to go out at all during the sequence so I added a second schedule, two minutes after the first ended with all channels at zero. It didnt run, I got an error message about not being able to connect to Com 5 which is the port the dongle is plugged into.
In the scheduler it shows 30 minute increments in the time, the fact I put 11.02pm as the start time maybe confused it?
any thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, by lightguy »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, »
Vixen didn't release the com port when the other seq tried to run and open up the port. Try a later time. I would watch the scheduler and see when it ends so you know when the fire off the go dark seq

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline lightguy

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, »
Everything seamed to work OK last night, Blinky sequence stops at 10.30 just leaving roofline, which goes out at 11 when the turn off sequence runs!!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, »
Kinda off topic.  Any way to prevent channels from inadvertently turning on when disconnecting dongle.  I disconnect dongle and work on a sequence after the show is over and seems that some stray dmx data gets sent and leaves a channel or two on.  May have solved this as I typed.  Uncheck dmx output plug BEFORE disconnecting?  Any thoughts?  THANKS!
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, »
Kinda off topic.  Any way to prevent channels from inadvertently turning on when disconnecting dongle.  I disconnect dongle and work on a sequence after the show is over and seems that some stray dmx data gets sent and leaves a channel or two on.  May have solved this as I typed.  Uncheck dmx output plug BEFORE disconnecting?  Any thoughts?  THANKS!

Power down the computer, disconnect from the show and then power the computer back up.

\dmc

Offline tbone321

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, »
You could power down the controllers while working on the dongle.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving