Author Topic: Power cords for Lynx Express  (Read 4721 times)

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Power cords for Lynx Express
« on: December 13, 2011, »
Has anyone used the 1' version of these.  The 2' version is pushing about $1.40 with shipping.  I'm thinking I would have about 8" of cord with a 2" plug to work with once the male end is cut off.  This leaves about 4" in the case and 4" outside + 2" plug.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline pk

• Patron Member
Re: Power cords for Lynx Express
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, »
They should be just fine.  You might want to consider cutting the male end off entirely and gain the additional 2 inches unless you really need the male plugs and wires.

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, »
Yes.  The male end will be removed.  This should leave 10" to work with, 8" of cord length.

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, »
I have used both sizes from monoprice best bang for your buck.  If your using the the Blueridge cases (Gray ones) Id stick with the 2' version because the hole entry locations on the bottom of the cases only allow you to insert three into each hole unless you cut the case and you have to go from the middle of the case to the left side show you'll have to trim back about 5" of insulation.    The pig tails kinda get bunched up a little too much for my liking with the two foot version you got plenty of space.  If your not using the Blueridge cases  then the 1" foot is fine.  Because you can go straight down.

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, »
This was the reply I was looking for.  I have the Blue Ridge cases and I was afraid that they would get bunched up to much.  I have used the 2' versions and thought I ended up wasting a bit more than I like.  I tried to get a qty discount above 50 but they would only do a qty discount if I ordered 800.  This is way over twice what I'm looking at.

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, »
I take some pics if you like so you can see what I did with mine.  I'll see if its not too dark when I get home otherwise I'll have to do it in the morning.

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, »
I use them but I put rubber grommets in the case here are some pic and a diagram for drilling holes my power cables come from the side. Hope this helps
Jeff

Offline memphislights

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, »
I was able to get 4 of the monoprice cords through each hole in the cg-1500 case.  I have corded with both the 2 and 3 ft cords.  I would personally choose the 3 ft cords.  It gives you a little extra slack that you can use to get the plugs off of the ground.  A little more up front, but I think that it is worth it in the long run.
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline tmcteer

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, »
I ordered these from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
3' 18ga 3 with a C14 plug and 5-15R female receptacle for $1.01 and free shipping.... Prompt service.  Just cut off the C14, strip and wire to the LE. I ordered the 6' version so I could connect my mega tree without short extensions.

Tom

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, »
lineman, in your bottom picture of the LE, it looks like you have the Terminate resistor jumper in place but have IN and Out cables plugged in. Am I not seeing it right?

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, »
lineman, in your bottom picture of the LE, it looks like you have the Terminate resistor jumper in place but have IN and Out cables plugged in. Am I not seeing it right?

He probably built all the expresses the same.  It is OK to have a cable connected and have it jumped to terminate if you are not using it.

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
Power cords for Lynx Express
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, »
Lineman's builds are a thing of beauty that I can only aspire too.

Ron

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, »

They just go to the bottom of the case were I used cat 5 adaptors, if my wireless goes out I can plug a cat5 in without opening up the case as for the jumpers they were just their but are put right when in use
Jeff

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, »
Jeff,

Do you have a part number or web link for those Cat5 adapters?  They look nice.

Also, is that just a grommet around each power cable going out or is there something else there I can't make out in the picture?

Ron

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, »
Jeff,

Do you have a part number or web link for those Cat5 adapters?  They look nice.

Also, is that just a grommet around each power cable going out or is there something else there I can't make out in the picture?

Ron
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login SKU#OMAR-0505 as for the adaptors I will have to look for the site unless Bisquit finds it first come on BILL BTW all cudos go to bill I just copied him
Jeff