Author Topic: Quirky LE  (Read 1194 times)

Offline joatman66

Quirky LE
« on: December 15, 2011, »
I was continuing my quest to have a show up and running this year, and ran into a strange issue with a v5 LE.

I have everything hooked up wirelessly, and was working to give my parents an easy way to turn everything on as we continue to work on the lights and I work on programming.

When I was in the midst of programming and checking all of my LE's today, one was not triggering the outputs.

I have data on the wireless card, and a flashing data light on LE, but no output lights.  By chance I found that if i touch any of the headers (wireless, termination, ICSP) the lights fire.  They will also fire if I touch the PCB anywhere on the top of the board on the traces from the PIC to the optocouplers the channels all fire.

Has anyone ever seen this?

I don't even know where to begin to look.

Thanks!
Aaron

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
Re: Quirky LE
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, »
You might have a bent pin on one of the major chips. Probably not the 16 opto couplers.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline joatman66

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You might have a bent pin on one of the major chips. Probably not the 16 opto couplers.

Just checked all of the chips. No bent pins.  I pulled the PIC and reinstalled.  I powered it up to test it, and now it is acting right.  I didn't check before I pulled the PIC, so I don't know if that was it or not...

I'll have to wait until tomorrow when I go back to my parents house to see if it works on-site.

Blasted gremlins!

Aaron

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, »
One more thing, did you check all your solder joints? One cold solder joint or not soldered joint may cause the same problem.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login