Author Topic: light output aether1 vs 2  (Read 1623 times)

Offline ElectricCraft1

• Dimming for the first time in '09.
light output aether1 vs 2
« on: December 17, 2011, »
What is the output of both aethers  without lenses?  I know the spread is greater on ver 1, but how about actual light on the wall?
Branden

"If you can't go big, why do it?"

Offline zwiller

Re: light output aether1 vs 2
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, »
My understanding is that V2 is brighter than V1. That is based on previous posts.

Proud owner of 2 V2's.  See taller aether stand thread for details.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, »
There is a noticable difference in the two. The Aether II has the upper hand in this with brighter output. The aether is still blinding but there is more than I expect increase on the AetherII.  The throws are not a big difference without lenses but the blending is better with a single led as you would expect.

Hope that answers your question.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline ElectricCraft1

• Dimming for the first time in '09.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, »
Thanks for the reply.  What about the build issues,  any resolve on that?  I don't want to order parts if we are having issues with quality.
Branden

"If you can't go big, why do it?"

Offline keitha43

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, »
Remember the Aether 1 had surface mount soldering. The Aether II was more traditional soldering. I don't think you can get new Aether II's until there is another co-op. I don't know if there are still new Aether I parts available. I am looking to get the Aether II when possible as I am unfamiliar with surface mount components myself.