Author Topic: Show wont start. Solved by X-Lights  (Read 1166 times)

Offline therealbigjim

Show wont start. Solved by X-Lights
« on: December 18, 2011, »
I have been attempting to get my buddy started and have him set up with a Lynx via a DMX dongle. When testing, running the sequence from play button,  the lights blink and music play. In both Xlights and the vixen secheduler the countdown starts and then no show. The correct com port is slected and vixen knows where the files are stored. Any other things I could try. The computer is a HP 1000 net book with win 7 and 2gig memory. The show and mp3 files are on a sd chip in an expantion port because the HD is almost full (with the operating system).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, by therealbigjim »
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Show wont start.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, »
In vixen make sure the adding dmx is unchecked. Did you properly setup the show in vixen? Following this guild You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

In xlights go to the scheduler playlist and manually play each seq/song to make sure you are not getting an error.
If that works then make sure the run schedule is checked

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline therealbigjim

Re: Show wont start.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, »
Well, I gave up on Vixen and used X-Lights. As long all the music sequence files and profile are in the same folder <fp. the show will start and my friend and new member Fred in Jacksonville is blinky.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, by therealbigjim »
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"