Author Topic: LSP Lags/Pauses during playback  (Read 1088 times)

Offline joatman66

LSP Lags/Pauses during playback
« on: December 20, 2011, »
I have been trying to use a Wii remote or the mouse to create a beat track in LSP v2, but so far have not had any luck.

WIth a clean slate, playback is jerky and unpredictable.  I am using 16 bit MP3 files, but have also tried .wav with same result.

In fact, I've had to rely on rebuilt sequences to get the track and then clear out all of the sequencing and controllers and start from scratch.

Any tricks?

Aaron

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Re: LSP Lags/Pauses during playback
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, »
Start task manager and during LSP playback watch the CPU level.  If you have a dual core machine, CPU cannot go above 50%.  Quad core with HT, 13%.  You may want to adjust some of the performance features of LSP to reduce the amount of CPU you are using.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, »
I had the same problem.(dual core) and my cpu never got above 45%. I rolled back the update and its been fine.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline joatman66

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, »
I'm only running a P4 with 4GB...  CPU usages pegged at 100% and didn't ease up under v2.  I uninstalled and did a clean v1.8 install and CPU usage hovers around 40% during playback.

I wouldn't have imagined that just playing back music would demand so much processing power...

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, »
Glad its working for you.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.