Author Topic: xDaemon  (Read 1521 times)

Offline inzeos

xDaemon
« on: December 20, 2011, »
Was thinking it might be neat to have an additional tool called like xDaemon or something like that.  It would be responsible for binding to serial sockets and controlling access to them and I guess originating the DMX signal.

Other x(Applications) could then bind to an IPv4 socket daemon being run by the xDaemon and communicate with it.

So if you had your regular show running with the xScheduler and you were working on debugging something or changing part of a sequence or setting something new up you could run another x(Application) and send out additional DMX information that may not be in your schedule out to the show network.

The xDaemon could probably use an authentication logic to it, a priority system for determining what application actually gets control of each channel in the outputted DMX.

Maybe when another x(Application) binds to the xDaemon it could take control of a list of channels.

Food for thought... (saves me from having to code it up myself as well =P)

Offline inzeos

Re: xDaemon
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, »
Gez, not one reply?

Did I not explain myself clearly or something?

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Re: xDaemon
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, »
I'm thinking that if you want such functionality, you should stick with E1.31 devices (Etherdongle, etc) and put them all on a wireless network. Then there is no daemon to write. You just code your iOS or Android app to transmit E1.31 packets and the devices pick up the packets. When it is time to run your show, you turn off your mobile app and let xLights, or Vixen, or LSP transmit the show.

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login