Author Topic: First videos of 2011  (Read 1548 times)

Offline SteveMaris

Re: First videos of 2011
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, »
Awesome job. Looks great!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline meman

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, »
Another great show this year! Thanks for sharing details too.

Mike E.

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, »
Dude,.. I've never seen the whole 2 house thing next to each other. Brad had a neighbor that he sequenced across the street. So everyone knew how that house got done but seeing them side by side makes it a HUGE display. Very unique. Loved it!

Well done!

Leon
Leon

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, »
Thanks.  I have discovered that by using manual focus and 'manual assist' mode ... and turning off a lot of other automatic camcorder settings ... that I believe a much better video is possible.  I just need to get lucky and make it happen. 

I'm thinking of setting up several cameras to get a video which I can then edit together ... thinking of bring back in my Flip UltraHS and my daughters new Samsung E10 ... and then combining it all in Vegas.

Its also a lot harder to film 2 houses when your neighbor and his large extended family are coming and going, cars parked in the driveways or on the street or they leave on the coach lights, the bright white Christmas tree in the front room ... while trying to get your own teenage daughters to not turn on their bedroom lights either.  And then there are the people who just drive up in the middle of any early filming attempts. 

It would be hard enough just getting the photography part down ... but the intangibles are a lot as well.  I guess one requirement is just simple: LUCK !
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, »
Don't forget the horse drawn carriage that pulled into your cul-de-sac and blocked my view when I was there!!

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, »
Sorry about that.  Yes, its hard to argue with a horse.  You really need to see the show again, I only had 2-3 songs going that weekend because of the horses and traffic risks.  I'll give you a personal tour of everything.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]