Author Topic: Show runnign with a couple of hicups  (Read 2040 times)

Offline NeverBRich

Show runnign with a couple of hicups
« on: December 22, 2011, »
Show up and running as of the 18th,

Hic up #1 the scheduler works great for the first Scheduled event. The songs, Blinky  Flashy part works great.  The second scheduled event doesn't come on I have to connect from my house to mannually restart current timer to get them to come on.....any ideas on how to fix?

Second hicup...small one  but last night I had to dial into show computer turn them off and shutting down the scheduler did not work  lights still all on....so I shut down vixen  Lights still all on.....hmm,  unplugged Network coed from dongle lights went out..and replugged it back in..lights stayed  off...first time in 5 days this happened..any ideas on this one?  enxt test is tonight.

Thanks for any input.

Tim

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Show runnign with a couple of hicups
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, »
The second event, does it work if you manually play it?

If so then make sure you didn't change the crossfade. It has a bug and needs to be set to zero

You could create a sequence with all channels off and play that at the end of the night. Sometimes the gremlins just like to play with us.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline NeverBRich

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, »
hehe 
Darn gremlins anyways, 

Yes the second event plays after i either restart the current timer or manually start it.

but it never shuts off unless I shut down the scheduler.  but last night i had to go and unplug the Dongle's network cable.  I sut off the show comp and the lights were still on so I unplugged the network cable and they shut off.

Strange but true.

Tim

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, »
If the first event is still running at the scheduled start time for the second event, it will cause the second event not to start. Make sure your first event completely ends early enough.

The dongle is designed to continue to send out the last values it received as long as it has power. So if your show had channels on when you stopped it. The dongle will keep those channels on.

When I manually stop my show. I go to the channel test screen and click the select all button and then click the unselect all button. That puts all channels in the off state and the dongle will keep them off as long as it has power.

Just my 1 cent
-Jeff

Offline NeverBRich

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, »
ok  where do I find the Channel Test screen in Vixen.....I've looked and do not see it.

Hmmm!  I'll look some more.

Thanks
Tim

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, »
ok  where do I find the Channel Test screen in Vixen.....I've looked and do not see it.

Hmmm!  I'll look some more.

Thanks
Tim

Normally its next to the total channels and its two boxes with two checkmarks next to the boxes

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, »
What do you mean by second event?  Do you have two different shows scheduled in one day/night or are you talking about the second day for a single scheduled event?  I have seen similar issues, but they usually occur because I was messing around with sequencing or other programs on the show computer and then when vixen is supposed to be starting up I get an out of memory error.  Sometimes I just reboot it and sometimes I exit and restart vixen and all is well., but if I stay away from doing anything but running the show on the show computer everything seems to run flawlessly every night.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline NeverBRich

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, »
I have 2 shows running on the same day.....1 with blinky flashy and music one with  all lights on after music for 2 hours

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, »
It is a little hard to tell what you are doing as there are many ways to do things, but I will take a guess at one.

If your blink show is a program of a few sequence, let say it takes 35 minutes to run. You tell the scheduler to start at 5:00 and repeat it until 10:00. That means that it will not restart the program after 10:00, but if the program had started at 9:55 it would continue to run for its 35 minutes and would not end until 10:30. If you had your second event is scheduled to start before 10:31 then it would never run, with out resetting the timers.

You can customize your screen layout, but on the default screen the channel test button is near the upper left corner. (like Rick said) You would have the save icon, the max channel count, then a white box with 2 check marks. Click that box and it will bring up a window that will allow you to manually control any of your channels. Be sure your dongle is connected and no show is running before clicking on it.

Hope that helps some
-Jeff

Offline NeverBRich

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, »
thanks for your help  not sure what did it  but worked perfectly tonight

Thanks Tim

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, »
thanks for your help  not sure what did it  but worked perfectly tonight

Thanks Tim

Sometimes you just got to let the gremlins know who the boss is.  ;D

Glad it worked for you tonight.

I use vixen to sequence with but I been using xlights to run the show for the past two years and it has not failed me yet (stay away gremlins)

Cheers

Rick R.