Author Topic: Always a sad time when the show is done for another year  (Read 821 times)

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Well the show has ended, another great year.

Have already spent part of my Christmas evening taking down some of the show.

Next year, I will run until after the New Years.  I need to check with my HOA to make sure if it is okay to run after 10pm (this year I ran from 5pm-930pm -- seems a little too early.)

Merry Christmas everyone!
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Always a sad time when the show is done for another year
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, »
you still have the orthodox christmas'     
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, »
This has been a great year for me. It is sad to take it down......but not yet. We have next year and just got back from light shopping and already working on next years show. It will never end. Remember, its always christmas..
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, »
Not only a sad time, but work time. My wife and I are talking about building a new storage building to put all the Christmas stuff in. This was our second year for musical animated lighting and our first for completely computerized/automated system. Thanks to all DLA members that make this possible and hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.  We are looking forward to the New Year and designing next years show.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, »
I never turn off my show until after New Years Eve or New Years Day depending on the day of the week.  There are lots of little kids out of school between Christmas and New Years and they do like to see the shows then.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, »
The sadness hits me fairly quickly each year.

I don't take down till I have a snow-free roof ... and after January arrives.

This year, it appears I'll be lucky to get it down by mid January.  It could be
later if the snow keeps coming.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rimist

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, »
We've always kept the decorations out for the twelve days of Christmas, at least. Normally I would be a bit sad, however, we have always decorated with static lights for Valentine's day and st Patrick's day, and we spoke about Easter lights last year. Since I began animating, she was mentioning ask the effort I was putting in for just Christmas, which would be over before I finished all my plans. (That turned out to be true). My response was quick: we can animate Valentine's, St Patrick's, Easter, Memorial Day, the fourth of July, Halloween and Christmas. The way I see it, I have two weeks until Christmas comes down and Valentine's goes up, which means I have sequencing to do. No time to be sad!

-Rimist
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, by rimist »
- Rimist