Author Topic: E-Dongle test with Xlights  (Read 1735 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
E-Dongle test with Xlights
« on: December 28, 2011, »
I am starting to think that I am in WAY over my head here! :-[  I have built the E-Dongle, connected to a spare active hub, I have 1 ss controller connected with 128 node string and 1 LE connected to the DMX output on the hub. In Xlights I have set up my network as E1.31 universe 1-32. Dongle is flashed for pixelnet. When I go to light test I get an error See Below. Error continues from 17-32. My Dongle is connected to a second Network card on my machine. What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, by rdebolt »

Offline rm357

Re: E-Dongle test with Xlights
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, »
When I did my initial testing, I only did the first pixelnet universe.

I just tried popoulating the other 3 pix universes in xlights and I got the same error.
It seems like the first 16 entries work regardless of the order (when I moved #1 to the end, 18 was the first to fail rather than 17).

This is either an xlights software error/limitation or there is something in the setup that we don't know...

Either dowdybrown or csf will have to address this.

Good catch - it's best to find these earlier rather than later.
RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, »
Well I removed my last 16 universes so that now I have 1-16 and still cannot turn on my nodes or the LE. Is there a way to test and see if the Dongle is working correctly?

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well I removed my last 16 universes so that now I have 1-16 and still cannot turn on my nodes or the LE. Is there a way to test and see if the Dongle is working correctly?

I assume you are no longer getting errors in xLights? Posts in this thread are correct - xLights is currently limited to 16 networks. This limitation will be removed in the next release.

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, »

If the dongle is working you should have a solid green led on inside the box and the on the ethernet port on the dongle. A flashing orange led on the ethernet port of the dongle

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rm357

E-Dongle test with Xlights
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, »
For my initial test, I plugged the EtD into my hub.

I knew the laptop was connected via wifi to the hub, and I also knew that my sony Vaio does some Strange network management... I did not trust plugging the EtD directly into the wired port on my laptop.

Also, has the ssc I been programmed with a start channel? Assuming yes, you will have to figure out which e1.31 universe to use for the xlights test pages and select the proper channels in that tab. With version e, you can only test 1 network at a time and it takes 8 e1.31 networks to populate the pixel net universe...

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, »

I assume you are no longer getting errors in xLights? Posts in this thread are correct - xLights is currently limited to 16 networks. This limitation will be removed in the next release.

Matt

You are correct , I am no longer getting the message. Thanks