Author Topic: RGB Roofine how to  (Read 1177 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
RGB Roofine how to
« on: January 02, 2012, »
Lookin for ideas on how I should draw any of the smart strings on the preview . I was thinking  something like this

Channel 1- red  colors arre not in order but you get the Idea
              channnel 2 - white
                            3 - green
                            4 - blue
   alll these would be on the first sqaure and continue on to the next square 5,6,7,8 and so on

or would yall group them in sets of 4 squares per pixel. I know LSP is probally better but for checking out the look I thought I would do a new profile in vixen before commiting even if some work is involved
Jeff

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: RGB Roofine how to
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, »
I just drew all 3 colors next to each other for the hybrid mode.  There is no way I would even think about doing node based.  I am sure that I will be using either LSP of Vixen 3 next year so I determined that I would just get do the dmx and the hybrid channels.  Who knows what this years previews will bring in the way of tools.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
Re: RGB Roofine how to
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, »
I drew in about 30 individual pixels with overlapping the r, g and b channels on each. I used the pixels this year for my roofline and on the few songs that I used the individual pixels it at least gave me an idea of the movement and pattern I could expect.  I only used primary (red green or blue) colors or white this year so I didn't have to worry about color mixing.  I don't think this will be at all sufficient next year.
Luceat lux vestra