Author Topic: xLights 2012a  (Read 2179 times)

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
xLights 2012a
« on: January 04, 2012, »
xLights 2012a is now available for download from SourceForge:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Bug fixes since 2011e:

1) On Windows XP, it should no longer be necessary to process audio files through Audacity in order to set a standard bit rate. If Windows Media Player can play them, so can xLights!

2) A bug that caused xConverter to sometimes crash when converting LOR sequences has been fixed. There are also more warning messages generated during the conversion process - giving you more information about channels that may be incorrectly mapped.

3) You can now schedule down to the minute in xScheduler. An end time of 23:59 is treated as a special case - as 23:59:59. The scheduler now treats midnight properly and will end your playlist as soon as the last sequence finishes after 23:59:59. To have your show carry over to the next day, simply schedule the same playlist to start the next day at 00:00.

4) The screen layout of the scheduler has been adjusted to show more characters in your playlist file names.

5) xTester has been overhauled and includes more tests and more test options.

Happy New Year!

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: xLights 2012a
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, »
Hi Matt

Thank you for working to update a already wonderful product. Since starting to use xLights in 2010 I have not had one schedule failure or com port error. Its been rock solid for me. Did you increase E1.31 to 32 universes?

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, »
Excellent Matt:

Thanks
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Re: Re: xLights 2012a
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, »
Did you increase E1.31 to 32 universes?

Yes, thanks for reminding me! In 2012a there is no limit on the number lighting networks/universes.

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline keitha43

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, »
Did you try it on the sequences I emailed you. The new format wouldn't work for me at all. It had random things lighting up that weren't supposed to. The lms did better but some elements would not come on at the beginning of the sequences even with a gap before it was supposed to come on and it would lock up every 1hr and 20min (about 2 1/2 times through the show). I started setting my alarm to restart the scheduler to keep the show running. :). This was from LSP to LMS.

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, »
Thank you Matt.  I downloaded 2012a and it works fine on my 2011 show using the EtherDongle.  Great job.

(yes my decorations are still up... waiting for warmer weather and I am trying to get a decent video)

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, »
Hi Matt,

That is great news.

I too will join in on all the THANK YOUs for your excellent work.
In reading the posts on here, it sounds like xLights saved a lot of shows this year.
I am not sure what some of those members would have done without it.

I needed the extra universies so my only option to handle that high of channel count was Vixen. It handled it with no problem, but I am looking to try xLights for 2012.

From what I have heard and seen you have done a great job on this.

-Jeff

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, »
Hi Matt

Just playing with xLights at work for a few minutes and I really like the changes you made. The Scheduler start/end times are much more flexible. The Tester has a ton of features I can't wait to play with and I love the file conversion can now convert in batches instead of one at a time.

Very Very Nice

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required