Author Topic: Pixelnet Verion  (Read 1500 times)

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
Pixelnet Verion
« on: January 04, 2012, »
Is there a possibility of have a pixelnet version instead of dmx sometime down the road?  Power would still come from the ext transformers etc - but was curious if this was maybe being thought of.

Am trying to stay all pixelnet.

Thanks for any info!

Myk

Offline jeffcoast

Re: Pixelnet Verion
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, »
All of the Pixelnet hubs have DMX outs, and in the software you would program either pixelnet or DMX the same, so really it isn't necessary to make any changes. Just program the Aethers to whatever channels you want, and then just plug them into the hubs DMX out, the hub makes the necessary conversion from pixelnet to DMX without you doing anything, except making sure you convert to the right channels in the software. There is a chart on the Wiki to show you which are which. I personally just put all of my DMX stuff on hub 1 and set my DMX to universe one, so didn't have to even think about it. My LEs start at number 1, and then I start my SSC at 33, since I only have 2 LEs. Although once I get some Aethers, will need to do some reprogramming. Didn't plan very well this year for expansion.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, »
i thought about it too, but since it would be coming off the hub anyways, it really wouldn't matter if it was dmx or pixelnet.  still a cat5 cable coming from the same area.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, »
true, but I got the impression from RJ and new 16 port hub without dmx will be avail in the future....  hopefully cheaper  <;d

Only time will tell...

Myk