Author Topic: Configuring LSP export of LOR to X-lights  (Read 2215 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Configuring LSP export of LOR to X-lights
« on: January 05, 2012, »
I am trying to configure my E-dongle and want to run X-lights. After I set up my E-dongle in LSP and export to LOR, how do I configure the set index from there? I tried this before with my regular dongle, but my LOR controllers were not sequentially numbered so I could not get X-lights to run my show correctly. I now have everything set to DMX and Pixelnet (no more LOR protocol). My controllers are set from 1-280 DMX channels with Pixelnet 513- 6273. I have 14 LOR controllers and 3 LEs right now. My LOR controllers are wired and ready for DMX. I have my Network in X-lights configured for E1.31 universes 1-16.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: Configuring LSP export of LOR to X-lights
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, »
Well I tried on my own last night and got some of my lights to play with Xlights, but not all. I did get A LOT of errors while converting from LMS to xseq. all said unmapped channels.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, »
Sorry I can't help you with LOR files setup/conversion. I have never used LOR stuff.

Are you using the latest version of xLights 2012a?

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, »
Ya, downloaded last night before conversion. Running 2012a.

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, »
Well I tried on my own last night and got some of my lights to play with Xlights, but not all. I did get A LOT of errors while converting from LMS to xseq. all said unmapped channels.

Had that problem myself and Matt explained it as my channel assignment is out of range for DMX which is what my configuration file was setup.

It turned out my ID number assignment was wrong for my CCR's on universe #2 when you calculate the channels.

"Look at your circuit #’s on Aux A.

xLights Channel # = (unit number – 1) * 16 + circuit #

For example, “CCDa 0b p1 (R)”:  Aux A, Unit Id=0B (unit #11), Circuit=161. So (11 – 1) * 16 + 161 = 321. I believe you intend to have this be channel 161…

For CCR’s 2 & 3, the circuit # should be changed to 1 to 157. Alternatively, you can make everything on Aux A unit id 1.

That should do it. Good luck!

Matt"

2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline caretaker

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, »
Let's see you should have something that looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<sequence saveFileVersion="8" author="Jeff Squires" createdAt="12/14/2006 4:39:39 PM" musicArtist="Trans Siberian Orchestra" musicFilename="Appalachian Snowfall.wav" musicTitle="Appalacian Snowfall">
   <channels>
      <channel name="Mega Tree Clr 1" color="16777215" centiseconds="25284" deviceType="LOR" unit="1" circuit="1" savedIndex="0">
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="4940" endCentisecond="4945" intensity="100"/>
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="5000" endCentisecond="5005" intensity="100"/>
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="5060" endCentisecond="5065" intensity="100"/>
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="6020" endCentisecond="6025" intensity="100"/>

All of your DMX channels should unit="1"  Your PixelNet channels should be unit="2" and unit"3"

See this topic for info of FrankR's set.net script You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 

Jeff Squires

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, »
Well with A LOT of help from Mickpat we got my sequence converted and running. This is awesome for me to have options now! Thanks for all of the help!

Offline caretaker

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, »
Well with A LOT of help from Mickpat we got my sequence converted and running. This is awesome for me to have options now! Thanks for all of the help!
<wd..  Excellent to hear!  Your right on about having options, without Xlights I wouldn't have had much of a show this year.  I'm sure David is working on redoing the show player but if for some reason it isn't ready (or if your do 4th of July and Halloween shows)your covered.  Now if I can get my Ether Dongle to work I'll be a happier camper but that is another topic.
Jeff Squires

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, »
I really need to thank Mickpat. I am sure that at one point (maybe 2 or 3) he was asking himself why he is helping this idiot, but he held my hand and walked me through the entire process. Even helped me read and type!  ;) I also want to thank everyone else that has been helping me in the Diylightanimation community. This is a great place to hang!  <wd..