Author Topic: Got EtherDongle?  (Read 9540 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Got EtherDongle?
« on: January 07, 2012, »
Ok, I know those slow pokes that did not get they requests in for replacement resistors in are just now getting theirs but I sent out almost 100 people resistors weeks ago. I am trying to see if people are getting these built as mainly all I every see is people posting that did not get theirs working.

This thread is only for people who have their EtherDongle built and the hardware apperes to but working fine. Please do not post otherwise or start a conversation/crack jokes ect in the thread. I am not worried if you just have not got is setup correctly with your software I am only askng for people who have it built, programmed and the green light is on and the lights so traffic when you plug it into a computer, in other words hardware working.

I need to know this stuff because if I do not get enough feedback of people being successful I will not start another coop. It makes no sense to send more out until I know the stuff is not successfully buildable by the members. If you having built it and have issue with the hardware do not post here. Please make a seperate post for assistance.

Other than the wrong resistors that were sent out and then replaced, I am not aware of any issues and I am only aware of one person currently with build issues. I just want to know people are having success before we move ahead.

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Got EtherDongle?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, »
I ordered one EtherDongle and I had no issues setting it up and using it. It ran my show for the last week the show was running.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, »
I ordered one, it works great. Ran my show with it.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, »
1 up and running

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, »
Got mine built with no problems.  Green LED and Ethernet jack LEDs all working.  Ran my show for about a week with it.  No problems.  Using the DMX firmware. I know universe 1 is working.  Have not tried universes 2-4. 

Offline rm357

Got EtherDongle?
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, »
Ordered 2. Built and working with no issues, but I have only tested the first universe. I have been running wirelessly through a wifi bridge setup from my laptop - which means two wireless hops (laptop to router, router to client/bridge).

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline tng5737

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, »
ordered two - got the kits AND replacemetn resistors.  Built both EDs and other than running a bit warm they both function.  Struggling now to get some wireless routers to send/rcv the multicast as you did in your video!

Offline cBell

• Christmas in Brewster
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, »
Ordered 1 and got it up and running to run the show with it for the last three days. No problems, in fact the show seems to run better with it. Fades seem smoother and fast transitions seem to look better.
-Chris
Follow my journey: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline AverageJoeTX

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, »
Ordered 1 got it and the replacement resistor. This was my first attempt at soldering and am new to the rgb world. Got it all soldered up and ordered my pickit3 from mouser on tuesday got it friday. First pickit attempt, it took a few times and a little homework but finally SUCCESS for the first time I'm able to control some of the rgb items I obtained over the summer from David Moore and Harrison Ward.
Thanks RJ for all the work you do
Joe
Joe Glenn (West Tawakoni, TX)

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, »
Ran an EtherDongle for my show for the last week it was running. I ran 2 universes of Pixelnet with Xlights. No issues after I got setup and running.

Thanks again RJ!
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ordered two - got the kits AND replacemetn resistors.  Built both EDs and other than running a bit warm they both function.  Struggling now to get some wireless routers to send/rcv the multicast as you did in your video!

I did not transmit Multicast, Everyone relax a little and let us get the stuff ready I am afriad lots of people are doing bunches of work when there are easier ways it all works together. think of it as we gave you the engine to a race car to build and you are tring to win the 500 with out the rest of the car. We are only at month .25 so far.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline gophergrove

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, »
One built and working fine with Vixen.

Thanks RJ.

Offline golights

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, »
Got my working with out any problems

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, »
Mine works great, Thanks RJ,

Bill

Offline rokkett

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, »
I got mine built right after Christmas and swapped out my PixelNet dongle with the EtherDongle and all worked perfectly.  In fact, the E1.31 support allowed me to control the display with some new software I was writing that I couldn't seem to the serial code correct.  Using the multicast E1.31 packets, it worked like a charm and I could easily control the display from multiple PCs without having the unplug and move any cables!  I was driving 810 RGB LEDs (2430 channels) with no issues.  Love it!