Author Topic: just starting out help needed  (Read 2549 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
just starting out help needed
« on: January 08, 2012, »
OK , I went and dun it <yk..

I want to start out right and set up LSP proper I have watched the videos and kind of understand but did not see any videos on how to draw the lights on the house photo or even how to import the house photo, is thier a step by step video set up for a total newbie . basically something like vixen has were he shows how to import house photo and do simple fades . I do not have RGB at this time but plan on moving towards it soon so I thought if I could learn just the basic's first it might help out later with the RGB stuff. OH BTW I bought the advance version. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
Jeff

Offline caretaker

Re: just starting out help needed
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, »
Hey Jeff (Great name BTW),

When you first create a new sequence the sequence wizard will take you through a number of steps which the last is loading the picture of your house where you have the option of saving that information as default. Here is a link to LSP youtube video for the "introduction" to LSP NOTE: this video is out of date some things have changed slightly BUT the general information is good.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you subscribe to WHIZPOP69's channel that is where all the LSP videos are except for the ones done by Mike Mulvenna.  Hope that helps.
Jeff Squires

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, »
Thanks Caretaker that is what I was looking for , I google whizpop69 and was unable to see any lsp videos do you have a link or a how to I am computer stupid <fp.
Jeff

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, »
Hey Lineman,

If you dl Teamviewer 7 we can do an online session and I can try to answer any questions you have on LSP.

All of the LSP created Videos are on the home page of LSP and user created videos are in the Tip and Tricks section of the forum. As caretaker indicated some are out of date as the majority of them were created under v1 not V2. Most of the info still applies however. If you find something that does not work according to the video ask on the LSP forum for the quickest answers.

And welcome to the world of LSP.

Reach me at bmulvenna at hotmail.com
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, »
Hey Lineman,

If you dl Teamviewer 7 we can do an online session and I can try to answer any questions you have on LSP.

All of the LSP created Videos are on the home page of LSP and user created videos are in the Tip and Tricks section of the forum. As caretaker indicated some are out of date as the majority of them were created under v1 not V2. Most of the info still applies however. If you find something that does not work according to the video ask on the LSP forum for the quickest answers.

And welcome to the world of LSP. Thank you I have to wait for LSP to get back with me for a license # I suspect some time this up coming week and then I sure I will call upon your advice , I keep watching the videos over and over so mabey by the time I get the email somthings may stick

Jeff

Offline caretaker

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, »
Hey Lineman,

Yeah do what he said...  ;D Mike is the resident "expert" at LSP so he will be able to help you a lot better than I can.

Jeff Squires

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, »
Hey Lineman,

Yeah do what he said...  ;D Mike is the resident "expert" at LSP so he will be able to help you a lot better than I can.

Lineman...There are a lot of very knowledgeable users here and on the LSP forum ready to answer your questions, Caretaker being one of them..

I will be glad to do a on-line session if you want. If you don't have the lic version yest we can still do an on-line session with the demo version. It is very full featured. Just let me know.
Thanks
Mike

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, »
Lineman,

Hope we got your questions on LSP answered last night during our on-line session. Feel free to ask about anything you don't understand about the software. If you post your questions on the LSP forum I think you will get much faster answers as there are a lot of very knowledgeable users there. In addition make sure to watch the  videos on the LSP home page and in the forum tips and tricks section.

Thanks
Mike

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, »
Lineman,

Hope we got your questions on LSP answered last night during our on-line session. Feel free to ask about anything you don't understand about the software. If you post your questions on the LSP forum I think you will get much faster answers as there are a lot of very knowledgeable users there. In addition make sure to watch the  videos on the LSP home page and in the forum tips and tricks section.
Yes you did and that was exactly what I needed, I am setting up the channels , but just for info when I set up the mini trees with 3 different colors do I split the channels on the 1 mini image for each colors or draw 3 seperate mini trees
Jeff

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, »
There is a video to show you how to do that on the home page of LSP.... "LightShow Pro - Transition Sequencing Non-RGB channels".

Just a suggestion, it will be well worth your time to watch ALL of the videos(tutorials) on the home page and in the tips and tricks section. Lots of your questions will be answered by them and they can save you a lot of time by not having to redo things because of a misunderstanding.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, »
Yeah I agree I have been watching there are soooo many it is hard to keep up with LSP has somany possibilitys but I will learn
Jeff

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
just starting out help needed
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, »
Just changed from LOR over to LSP this week.  What a difference, and easier to work with.  I went with the basic package for this year.  Not going overboard on channels until I get RGB figures out and budgeted.  The videos have been great.  I'm glad I found this thread.  If I need help I know whom to call on.

Keep up the great work. 

---
I am here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, »
LSP has a steep learning curve and you just can't master it in a week or two ... but that speaks to the capability of the software.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]