Author Topic: Lynx Express Coop?  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Heinekenator

Lynx Express Coop?
« on: January 07, 2012, »
Hello, total newbie here. I noticed that there was a coop for the Express recently. When will the next one be, and in which forum are they announced? Lastly, are there ever completed boards (Le or dongle ) put up for sale? I hope I'm not violating the forum rules or the spirit of the hobby by asking.

Thank you.

-Greg

Offline Rogelio

Re: Lynx Express Coop?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, »
New here also.
To be notified of new coops,
scroll to bottom of forum main page,
click on current coops,
select the notify button. right side of screen just above subject header.
you will get an email when a new coop is started.
There was great interest in the latest Express coop so talk was there may be another one soon.
Check the SALE/TRADE forum for items for sale.  They often are listed.
Roy

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, »
Greg,

The next Coop probably won't be for a couple months or so because the one that just finished, the manager will have to order the parts and it will take a while for them to do their job to get everything sorted out and sent out to everyone. But you can go to the "Current Coop's" forum and click the notify button, and it will send you emails when there is a new post in that forum (and that is with any forum). And the Current Coop's forum, there are only Coops, nothing else is allowed in there, so you'll know as soon as one starts. And that is where they will be announced too. And then right below the Coop forums, there is a Sale/Trade forum where you can sale/trade/buy things for your light show, you can get notifications for that forum too so you'll know if anyone is selling a controller or something else that you might be in need of. I get notifications from both of those forums.

And, I don't know if you know this or not, but at the top of the website, there is a link that says "Show unread posts since last visit", if you click that it will show you all the posts that have had new posts in since your last visit. It took me a while to find this, and man what I happy when I found it!

Oh, and welcome do DLA! :D

Jesse
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, »
Welcome to DLA 8)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, »
Hello, total newbie here. I noticed that there was a coop for the Express recently. When will the next one be, and in which forum are they announced? Lastly, are there ever completed boards (Le or dongle ) put up for sale? I hope I'm not violating the forum rules or the spirit of the hobby by asking.

Thank you.

-Greg
Read through this string, it will help you get notified for new coops.

There are indeed completed kits, sometimes kits never started, and even PCBs without the parts put up for sale.  Peruse the WTB (Want-To-Buy) and WTS (Want-to-Sell) messages under the Sale/Trade area:

Finally, RJ posts a message with the available boards/PCBs that he will sell you.  You'll still need to get the electronics part -- usually from a link to Mouser in the Wiki.  But this is how you can get started without waiting for a coop.  Coops are definitely the cheaper way to go.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, »
There is another coop starting very very soon.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline LightUpMA

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, »
I want in on that too ...

Offline Christmas.joe

• Listen To Those Lights!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, »
Greg,

But you can go to the "Current Coop's" forum and click the notify button, and it will send you emails when there is a new post in that forum (and that is with any forum).
Jesse

I'm not getting notifications on new coops.  When I go to the Current Coops section, I see a button to unnotifiy.  I have an email account in my profile, but I didn't have the check mark for members to email me.  Maybe that's why I haven't been getting ANY notifications when the Coops start.  I've missed so many of them it ain funny.   :'(

<pop..
First Live Show 2011 Success Is Good!
12,000 Lights 32 Channel
Alabama