Author Topic: Just bought LSP Pro and a bit confused :)  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Slite

• Blinky Blinky Lights
Just bought LSP Pro and a bit confused :)
« on: January 12, 2012, »
I decided to cash out on the LSP Pro Advanced version, since I've tried both that and Vixen, and though vixen is nice, I like the RGB pixelnode support in LSP.

Hopefully Vixen 3 will be able to handle stuff like that, but that's not the issue right now.

As I don't actually have neither an interface (waiting for coop on ED), nor a controller (obviously), waiting to find out what it would cost to get a SSH16 PCB shipped to Sweden along with a SSC until the coop for that starts :)

Will also run at least one DMX controller (not sure which one yet though)

Now, to my point... Can I set up LSP to "simulate" that kind of setup? So i at least can start working on syncing some tunes. I tried to use MickPat's "Setting up Etherdongle with LSP 2.0 Guide" but whenever I try to create a sequence, doesn't matter which kind, load a sequence, import a LoR or Vixen sequence, I get

"Input string was not in a correct format"

It LOOKS as if it loads everything (My house picture for preview, the song (I can play it), but the main sequencing area is just stuck on "Preparing Audio, Please wait)

Anyone got any bright ideas?
Blinky Blinky Lights!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Just bought LSP Pro and a bit confused :)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, »
Any software for light control does not need the hardware connect to start sequencing.

You don't need to setup the output yet. Just start creating your display (example: mega tree, window frames, etc).

I would remove the E1.31 setup and just play with the show layout and figure out where and how many channels you are using/need.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Slite

• Blinky Blinky Lights
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, »
Doesn't matter, I tried to remove all the controllers and I still get that error. It loads the music file, but then nothing happens.

And I may be missunderstanding, but don't I need that setup so I can assign available channels?

/Stefan
Blinky Blinky Lights!

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, »
I also answered in the LSP forum but Are you possibly trying to stick a fraction like 1/20 into the custom interval ? If so you would get "Input String was not in a correct format" and the seq will not be created. Try entering a decimal instead of a fraction.

Hope that helps some.
Thanks
Mike

Offline Slite

• Blinky Blinky Lights
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, »
No idea... where can I check? :)

/Stefan
Blinky Blinky Lights!

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, »
You should be able to define controllers, and also the dongles/networks... even with nothing physically present.

There is a check box in the network setup that indicates whether the check for the network is to be done...  (working from memory here...)  maybe its called 'enable output'
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Just bought LSP Pro and a bit confused :)
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, »
And there is a settings preference to allow each sequence to enable out on or off ... Make sure output is off and maybe turn off that option and make sure your settings for timings are reasonable ... In lsp I use .5 sec or 1 sec because lsp adds timing as you go .... The old fixed timing works but creates a lot of clutter for me tastes
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline Slite

• Blinky Blinky Lights
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, »
Well, how silly... :)

Turns out it was due to me having Swedish settings for numbers and stuff... I just changed the settings to English (United States) and it worked!

We use decimal points in windows instead of decimal comas...
Blinky Blinky Lights!

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, »
Just did a teamview session with Stephan, reinstalled LSP and did not fix his issue. During the session it was discovered that the Windows settings need to be changed to English rather than Swedish...go figure.

EDIT: OOPS sorry crossed in hyper-space. That's what I get for trying to walk and chew gum.  <fp. <fp.
Thanks
Mike