Author Topic: A proposed sequence builder for rgb megatrees. meighan.net/seqbuilder/index.php  (Read 14516 times)

Offline rimist

Just was wondering if your tool could take custom node spacing into consideration. Here is a post showing that Ray provides this service: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
I cold create model to handle this. I will probably wait until I have XML exports, the different source models done, the target creation handling 90% of everyone's trees

These are the source models I want done by summer
1 spirals
2 snowflakes
3 fractals
4 garlands
5 scrolling text
6 amorphous color blobs
7 circles
8 meteor or icicles. I am not sure what u call but vertical lights dripping down the tree
All of the above will be able to be rotated about vertical axis and also in the x,y axis. Think snowflakes following down the tree and rotating at the same time.

Finally I want to process avi files, that is probably fall.

With the input I have gotten so far

1 I will remove the choice of units ( in,ft,cm,m) and replace with just inches. Too many choices

2 I will be showing u a picture of your tree and for each string show u where the pixels should be located.

3 I will be removing the usernames from the tool when I get a create account page up next week. Some people on the lot forum were very opposed to my importing user names. I don't show the names I imported, I don't have profiles, emails or passwords. I was just trying to let people get on and try the tool. I apologize if I violated any forum rules.

Thanks
Sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
I would go ahead and remove them now as it has stirred up some issues. Folks please do not use your DLA account password on other sites if at all possible.

I know it was meant as a helpful thing but taking accounts from a site people sign up for and adding it to one they did not is a very unpopular thing and many people get upset about these things.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rimist

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I cold create model to handle this. I will probably wait until I have XML exports, the different source models done, the target creation handling 90% of everyone's trees

I was curious. I would make sure there is definite interest before bothering. It is an awesome tool you are creating.

-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
I would go ahead and remove them now as it has stirred up some issues. Folks please do not use your DLA account password on other sites if at all possible.

I know it was meant as a helpful thing but taking accounts from a site people sign up for and adding it to one they did not is a very unpopular thing and many people get upset about these things.

RJ

Thanks RJ; I have removed all user names from my database.

I planned on removing them all this wekk anyways as soon as the create account logic was finished.

I did receive enough feedback that i know what i need to do with the target models.

thanks all
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
Here is another model...

Hi steve, i think i will now use this as the more complete mode for a tree

I will need to figure out how many extra pixels are used due to the sag of the wire.

After you submit your target, i will create a table and put the pixel numbers A-H filled in for each of your strings. I will then allow people to edit that table to tweak it.

Not everyone will use all of the segments. In my tree that i hope to build i will not have segments AB,BC, FG, GH. I want to have the highest tree i can.

I am thinking of making a quick tree generator. Give me just one dimension, the height H1 and the length of your strings , i will then make a theoretical tree with D1 diameter 1/3 of the height. Since i have not built a tree I can use this to give out all the dimensions.

thanks for the input

sean
Sean
Littleton, CO