Author Topic: Wireless for Aether II  (Read 1833 times)

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
Wireless for Aether II
« on: January 14, 2012, »
My Aether IIs are working great. I can't wait for the next coop. I want to convert everything that I have now to the Aether II. I have a question concerning wireless. I have wireless working fine right now. But I would like to make 2 suggestions/changes.
First, is there any plan to add an "internal" receiver capability to the Aether II? This would be a great option, were it available.
Second, barring a Yes answer to the first question can someone help me with a second question/possible solution. I will need help with this because I am not a component level engineer. What about designing a simple 12 VAC to 12VDC converter that could power the Lynx RX unit without having to use a wall wart. That way we could use the same 12 VAC power line to power the RX unit (through the converter) instead of having to run another cable to power the wall wart. Of course a third option might be to pull the DC for the Rx unit from the Aether II, if its power supply is big enough to carry the load. Would that work? If so, exactly where would you pull the power from on the Aether II?
Jim Wright

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
Re: Wireless for Aether II
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, »
And thats why I love my Aether I it has the EX/RX in it.I hope RJ don.t delete them I did not have any problems with the surface mount stuff.
Jeff

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, »
You can do the same on the Aether II you use the plug like on the SSR4.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, »
I would do that Jim. I have this on my SSR4s and its easy enough to do.
Leon