Author Topic: Run small rgb setup on older pc  (Read 1526 times)

Offline zwiller

Run small rgb setup on older pc
« on: January 17, 2012, »
Do you think I could successfully run LSP 2.0 with 128 dmx channels and say 500 nodes/1500 pixelnet channels on a P4 machine 2.8Ghz with 2G ram? 

I am really starting to appreciate this platform after watching the various videos and getting serious about grabbing it during the sale but I really don't want to upgrade the pc yet.  Any input appreciated! 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline caretaker

Re: Run small rgb setup on older pc
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, »
You should be able to do a show without a problem especially if you use a Etherdongle.  From what I have seen biggest problems come from the visualizer when you don't have enough video card and memory. Of course much of this depends on what type of effects you use if your using a ton of RGB transitions you may be sunk. Until the show player is upgraded I would go with X-Lights to playback a large show.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, »
Thanks caretaker
Need to finish the eD just got the replacement resistors today.  Yeah I read the scheduler needs to be tweaked. Downloaded xlights last night. I don't plan on using the intense transitions so I might luck out. Just trying to minimize my outlay with the software and nodes and all.

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline caretaker

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, »
One thing you can do is not used the shared (big) visualizer if your system seems to bog down, you can still watch the smaller visualizer window.
Jeff Squires

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, »
Finally pulled the trigger on the advanced version with the holiday sale pricing.  Pretty excited.   <;d

Etherdongle built and working last night.  Would be nice if the show player gets upgraded before show time this year.  Hope setting up a preview/visualizer in lsp isn't too bad.

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, »
It is a whole different ball of wax then vixen, I just started out using it to seq. with it has been a learnig curve and continues to be for me but I do like it
Jeff

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, »
Lineman
I perused the lsp forums but cannot find basics or entry level info.  Any scoop?  Want to try to create a simple 16 channel demo sequence.

Offline caretaker

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, »
Lineman
I perused the lsp forums but cannot find basics or entry level info.  Any scoop?  Want to try to create a simple 16 channel demo sequence.
If you haven't already check out these links to LSP 2.x Video tutorials: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
or these: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Jeff Squires

Offline zwiller

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, »
Thanks caretaker!  That's exactly what I was looking for.   8)