Author Topic: DMX Analyzer  (Read 2760 times)

Offline charles59

DMX Analyzer
« on: January 17, 2012, »
I know with smart strings, there may not be a lot of interest in viewing the DMX transmission.  However, for those on Mac OS X 10.7 (lion), with FTDI 1.0.4 D2xxx drivers and a ChronoVu USB Logic Analyzer, I have some software that will show you a high level DMX frame context (if it detects any), and then lets you drive down into the frame with another window so you can see the actual data values (and logic traces).  This view is always available, even if no DMX frame is detected (it will just show a standard logic trace, without channel/frame information).

I don't know how many people tinker with their own hardware projects, and I know those that have Mac/OS X Lion/ChronoVu are limited.  But if you need something like this,let me know.

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Re: DMX Analyzer
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, »
Is the ChronoVu USB Logic Analyzer kind of like the Saleae logic? 

I have a goal someday of being able to program a pic to do DMX.  I don't have any desire to one up anyone or and idea for something new.  I just want to accomplish it myself.

Offline charles59

Re: DMX Analyzer
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, »
I don't know the answer to your question.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is the company, it is a USB logic analyzer.

I can understand the desire to build your own dongle.  I like to tinker with building my own hardware as well, as use others to accomplish what I want.  Not trying to compete or one up, just learn and enjoy the hobby.