Author Topic: 2nd Express coop of 2012 *** Closed for orders ***  (Read 19572 times)

Offline popcorn

Re: 2nd Express coop of 2012 *** Closed for orders ***
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2012, »
Just got mine today.  Thanks to the US Post Office, mine took a tour of nearby towns before finally being delivered.  The contents look very professional.  Thanks for all of the hard work.
Bob

"Good teaching is more a giving of the right questions than a giving of the right answers." -- Josef Albers

"You can observe a lot just by watching." -- Yogi Berra

Offline royce

« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2012, »

Got mine Friday. Thank's for the coop. Now i got to find some time to put it together.

Offline Ozmin

• Patron Member
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2012, »
Arrived 2 days ago.....Excellant job on packaging!!!  Thank You for running the COOP!!!!  Can not wait to fire up my soldering iron!!!

Thanks Again

Bill A.

Offline c4v3man

« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2012, »
Been a lazy man on these... I'm attempting to plug in the power connectors (32 connectors at the bottom of the board for output) and they absolutely do not want to go in to the PCB without a major fight. Is this normal?

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Been a lazy man on these... I'm attempting to plug in the power connectors (32 connectors at the bottom of the board for output) and they absolutely do not want to go in to the PCB without a major fight. Is this normal?

i've built 10 of them an not had any problems. are all of them connected together? you should be able to slide them in real easy once they are all connected together. good luck

duane

Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline c4v3man

« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2012, »

i've built 10 of them an not had any problems. are all of them connected together? you should be able to slide them in real easy once they are all connected together. good luck

duane

Looks like it's a common problem lately.

I separated the strips, and was able to force them in 2-3 pins at a time starting from the right side. I have decent grip strength but dang was that a PITA to get in.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2012, »
There was  a batch of pcbs where some where this way. It was random, people with multiple pcbs sometimes had one like this and the rest ok. We never got a good reason for it. If they are not built and this is the case then I can swap you pcbs but if it is built already you have to work them in the holes.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline c4v3man

« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2012, »
There was  a batch of pcbs where some where this way. It was random, people with multiple pcbs sometimes had one like this and the rest ok. We never got a good reason for it. If they are not built and this is the case then I can swap you pcbs but if it is built already you have to work them in the holes.

RJ
No problem. Was just frustrating at the time... my first board and I was concerned I may break the traces by using so much force.

That being said, I appreciate how much effort was put into seperating the parts for organizing/assembly. The only dissapointing thing is that this is probably as good as it gets  ;)

If you do another coop, I'll take 6!

Offline winwin

« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2012, »
I'll get started building my LEs in the next few weeks. Is there a way to tell if the PCBs are the "easy" ones or the "hard" ones before I start? 
AL.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2012, »
try inserting the green "screw-down" terminals in the board before you try soldering.  if you can't make it fit -- and you have terminals from other LE kits available, try swapping them around -- the fit "could be better". 

I had 3 boards that wouldn't allow the terminals to fit...  but i eventually found some that were simply tight, get did work.  (I was surprised that there was variation in the terminal posts, but i wasn't going to complain.) :)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro