Author Topic: @ RJ  (Read 3014 times)

Offline Roger Dearing

• Lights on the Edge
Re: @ RJ
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Open up coop with instructions like this:

"Everyone interested in signing up for this coop should respond to this thread with the number of units you want. (Or use the store, however it is done...)  The Coop registration will close in one week.  There is no doubt that interest may exceed the ability to answer all requests.  To provide fairness, selection will be based on the first letter of your user name.  Randomly letters of the alphabet will be generated... and until all slots are filled, users will be drawn from the list based on their user name.

For example:  when registration closes, the letters  R-U-J-H-B-F-Z-I-L- .... are drawn.  Users starting with 'R' (Rog, richola, ripsnortin, ...) are selected.  Then users with 'U' (umberto, umbrellahead, ...) Until all slots are filled."

...this is just a way for people to feel that there is some fairness. 

There is another benefit.  When we fill up a coop we don't really get an idea of how many people were interested and didn't even get their names added.  Keeping the registration open for a week might tell you that there is a desire by 307 users to have 1456 units.  If you only satisfy 300 of those units, you know that there is pent up demand for another 1156 that could be acted up by another coop manager.

First let me say I am a newbie so you can take this with a grain of salt  ;) I may not have the most valid opinions since I just happened to get in on this last coop as my first ;D

In my opinion, this plan is neither more or less fair than the current system. And I can promise you, those that don't get their name pulled out of the hat will say it is unfair!! You also run the risk of some letter of the alphabet never getting pulled, or at least some letters pulled more than others.
There are guidelines in place that are probably about as fair as you are going to get it. First come, first serve is something we have to live with. Personally, I read all I could before I ever tried to get in on a coop. I knew what the rules were going in and "subscribed" to the coop forum to be notified of new posts. I was fortunate to catch it in time this go around after missing out the first time. And actually, I think the mere fact that the coops are closing within a couple of hours is good indication that their is HUGE demand. There may not be exact numbers but a coop that takes days to fill will give indication that demand is waning.

I personally don't have issue with the way the coops are run and certainly appreciate the countless hours and efforts that are extended by RJ and the managers voluntarily only to benefit myself and others like me :)

Offline fslopez1950

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, »
[quoteFirst let me say I am a newbie so you can take this with a grain of salt   I may not have the most valid opinions since I just happened to get in on this last coop as my first

In my opinion, this plan is neither more or less fair than the current system. And I can promise you, those that don't get their name pulled out of the hat will say it is unfair!! You also run the risk of some letter of the alphabet never getting pulled, or at least some letters pulled more than others.
There are guidelines in place that are probably about as fair as you are going to get it. First come, first serve is something we have to live with. Personally, I read all I could before I ever tried to get in on a coop. I knew what the rules were going in and "subscribed" to the coop forum to be notified of new posts. I was fortunate to catch it in time this go around after missing out the first time. And actually, I think the mere fact that the coops are closing within a couple of hours is good indication that their is HUGE demand. There may not be exact numbers but a coop that takes days to fill will give indication that demand is waning.

I personally don't have issue with the way the coops are run and certainly appreciate the countless hours and efforts that are extended by RJ and the managers voluntarily only to benefit myself and others like me ][/quote]

+1

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, »
The nasty Pm's should not be tolerated at all. When I first joined the site, I missed out on a lot of things but as the year went on, I figured it out and got what I needed. Ppl like me get their set amount of controllers and stop at that point and that'll happen with more ppl as the year progresses. So for now, the noobs need to be patient and let the process take it's course. You will get some of the action. (Ps. Don't send nasty pms. Its not right or worth it.)
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, »
I have never missed a coop since I have joined the forums.  But I also have made it a point to register for notifications when a coop is launched and when i get notification, i can jump on the forums anywhere at anytime and get on the list.  Of course, I have an iphone which makes it easy to get on the internet and make a post no matter where i'm at.  If I were to miss a notification or not make it to the forums in time, i would have nobody to blame but myself.  In fact, this second express coop of 2012, i got the notification, logged on from my phone, but then declined to request any kits since I had just purchased two in the first coop and thought I would give someone else a chance to get in.  I am very grateful for the services EVERYONE provides here on the forums and i find it quite disturbing to hear that anybody could be rude to RJ or anybody else for that matter.  Take some personal responsibility.

just my 2 cents.

Mike B.

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, »
The coops are like the lottery.....

I enjoy the gambling.  The problem I have now is that I can't get my smart phone forum app to work properly.  I downloaded tapatalk.  Can someone walk me through the forum finder on there?

This way I wouldn't be so stressed throughout the day waiting for the next coop to start and end in the same 90 minute period.

As for the people PM and making rude comments about their lack of being able to stay connected....they should get bent.  We are in the same position....wait it out like the rest of us.  See what a little reality television does to a quietly building hobby?
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline rimist

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, »
On Tapatalk search for "do it yourself light"

-Rimist
- Rimist

Offline rfallatt

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, »
I use google reader to get my updates . I have an android . sometimes there about 10 minutes delayed but I get them .

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On Tapatalk search for "do it yourself light"

-Rimist

Perfect.

Thank you Rimist.  I'm in and hopefully won't miss the next one.
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."