Author Topic: Lead time on receiving the kits  (Read 1135 times)

Offline UncleBuck

Lead time on receiving the kits
« on: January 23, 2012, »
Being new at this I was able to order 3 kits in the first Coop and was wondering what the approximate lead time is for shipping the kits. I would like to have 9 to 12 LE's built for 2012 and want to plan accordingly.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Lead time on receiving the kits
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, »
you can't judge that it will take x number of days, as a lot of factors come into play.  it might take people a little longer to pay into the coop, (that was for future coops) a coop manager might run into a parts shortage from mouser, sometimes mouser makes mistakes, (wrong part, not enough parts) the coop manager had to sort out the parts, and find the time to ship them. I'm still waiting on a dmx tester from last year's coop. I'm not complaining, just understand that it takes time to run these.

Plus, as more coop managers get involved, there will be small coops run by first timers, and then later bigger ones run by coop managers that are still "rookies" at being a coop manager, so with the ones that they run, there will be a little learning curve.

try to get into the first ones, if you're worried about having the numbers you want, get to the number you want, and then like I do, i back out of most of them, unless i need one more.  If I'm comfortable and i think i can manage with what i have. i stay out of the coops for awhile to let the others have a chance at their firsts.  but if you get in the early ones , then you wont even have to worry about the end of the year.

I'd suggest for the ones that one to get one "for a spare" or just to test, or tinker with, to try to hold off a little a couple months.

but these are all suggestions, and ymmv.

-Chris
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, »
Look at the closed coop section and see the date of the post saying it is closed and the post saying they got them and you can get an idea, it does tend to be random based on the factors already explained.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, »
Thanks RJ, looks like about 30 to 45 days from the time the coop is closed.