Author Topic: A proposed sequence builder for rgb megatrees. meighan.net/rgbsb  (Read 7828 times)

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
 <res.

I'm glad you live close so that when you do get the equipment, I can see it in person!

Great job!

Steve

Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
Nice job on this.

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
Falling stars need to then fall away...
Leesburg, FL

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
I have finished the scrolling text. I have added it into the library of effects

Now on to the xml work

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
Sean,

Nice work can't wait to try these out with LSP2,  Thanks for your continued hard work. :)

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
I just ran across this thread. I can't wait. Did you say that you could use any lighting layout with your software? I can't wait to see it and give it a try. What kind of icons are you wanting to use - that you don't have. Maybe I can help develop something.
Jim Wright

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
One thing i am thinking of doing is only making half of a megatree. This will cut the cost in half and yet will still display all of the effects i am making.

if you see any effects you would like me to support please send the video link and the timestamp of where the effect is in the video.

When I decide to get into the RGB stuff, I'm also thinking of doing a half megatree sort of like this:

While I appreciate the amount of work and endless talent required to what you've accomplished so far, repeating patterns can get to be... well... repetitive. What would be super cool would be to have a palette of patterns to choose from (sort of like the variety of slide transitions and object animations in PowerPoint) and alllow us to smoothly and gracefuly blend/transition them all with the beat or directly to the notes of music.

Hmmmm... it sounds like I'm asking for a freebie version of Superstar lights that doesn't require LOR's software.   <yk..

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
Well gary, that would be cool!

I have a lot of work in front of me before i start thinking about where i take the tool next. I am approaching 150 hours of programming so far. By the time i get all flavors of sequencers xml files working and everything integrated, i expect i will pass 1000 hours by this summer.

Although they look repetitive, they do take work to get them to be generic and to , well work.

Sometimes my imagination starts thinking "If i brought in the mp3 file and then find the beat, i could then transition between effects and .." Whoa, i say. I have crossed over into becoming a sequencer instead of a sequence builder.

I am thinking this summer i might go half way there. Get a list of time stamps and identify them with something that says transitions should occur here. Feed that list fo time events to rgbsb and  then lay in multiple effects synced to those points. I still would be web based and would still produce an xml file. It is just the sequences i make would be getting bigger.

thanks for the ideas

who knows, wait until summer. Or wait until i get my first hardware device. I did order a solder iron.

sean
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
I have added an option to have two lines of text. This is what i am thinking my future tree might use between songs

Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
Well, just as i was getting ready to go to bed, i got an idea about how to project pictures onto the tree.

I took the image i use for my avatar (99x139 pixels in a png file) and wrote a new model, picture projection onto the tree.
This means i will be able to also project movies. The problem is getting the resolution small enough. In this case i divided each axis by 5 and just took the rgb value. Better would be to average them, to enhance them, .etc.

But for a first pass, not bad

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, by smeighan »
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline rimist

But for a first past, not bad
Are you kidding? It's great! I just wanted to say thank you for all the work you're doing. You're an inspiration.
-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
That is AWESOME! >.d9

Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
That is incredible. Great work Sean
Sebastian from California

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Just amazing work!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

sjb

Sean this is amazing! I can not get over the knowledge and creativity you have come up with in a very short time.